Second Life viewer 2 will not launch

bsamps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an older mac. It has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and I use the Mac OS X 10.4.11. According to the second life website for requirements this is all I need in order to for the second life viewer 2 to work. However after downloading it when ever I go to launch the program all it does is bounce a couple of times down in dock and then disappear.

Please Help.

7 answers to this question

I don't know too much about Macs either but I do know Viewer 2 will not work with PowerPC-based Macs, only Intel-based ones.

If that applies to you, your best bet is to download and use the third party viewer Phoenix. http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

And yes I do know OS X10.4 is designed for Intel based machines but I understand many people are running it on G4s.

Hi, LL broke support for Tiger a few versions ago. The system requirements page still says that 10.4.11 is supported, but at present this is not true. There was a JIRA issue filed by a Linden to fix this, but that issue was moved to a Linden private area, and now we do not know if 10.4 support will be restored or permanently abandoned. It is probably time to look for a copy of Leopard or Snow Leopard, and use an older or third party viewer until you can.

EDITING: I see that LL made a decision. The system requirements page has been changed, the minimum OS X version is now 10.5.

LL utterly failed to adequately communicate this decision. For all their talk, still nothing has changed with them.

I'm also having the same problem. I feel like I've tried everything. I've already payed 29$ and ordered Leopard They said it can take up to two weeks to arrive.

So I'm still in a pickle. My computer broke so im stuck using this MacOS X 10.4 and using XCode 2.4.1. I've tried so many viewers but i'm not a mac person so i'm learning slowly....I'm in desperate need for help I sitll believe there's some sort of way to get a viewer to work on this piece of crap grumblegrumble .I've tried rainbow viewer, doesn't work, I've tried Emerald? doesn't even load. Ahh any ideas? D:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.