Locating a person in the same sim

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am in a sim, and I look at the "Nearby" tab to see the names of those near me. I see a name on this list of a person, say, 40m away. Is there any simple way to locate and see this person?

Also, I find it incredibly annoying to have to log into this forum each time I want to post a question (yes, I checked the "remember" check box). I don't have this issue with MP.

================================================================================

That's what I want to know, the specifics of how to cam to the spot (with Firestorm) -  preferably without having to identify which of the dozens of green dots is the one I want.

The problem is that is asks me to log in each and every tiime I go to community.secondlife.com - despite the fact that I check the "Remember" box. This does NOT happen when I go to marketplace.secondlife.com. I log in and it keeps me logged in until I actively select to log out.

=============================================================

Thank you, Lindal Kidd. I could have sworn I tried that as I was experimenting while on a public beach sim. Apparently either I didn't, the mouse moved between clicks, or the pointer wasn't positioned precisely where FS expects it to be. I'll try it again.

4 answers to this question

I am in a sim, and I look at the "Nearby" tab to see the names of those near me. I see a name on this list of a person, say, 40m away. Is there any simple way to locate and see this person?

Also, I find it incredibly annoying to have to log into this forum each time I want to post a question (yes, I checked the "remember" check box). I don't have this issue with MP.

================================================================================

That's what I want to know, the specifics of how to cam to the spot (with Firestorm) -  preferably without having to identify which of the dozens of green dots is the one I want.

The problem is that is asks me to log in each and every tiime I go to community.secondlife.com - despite the fact that I check the "Remember" box. This does NOT happen when I go to marketplace.secondlife.com. I log in and it keeps me logged in until I actively select to log out.

=============================================================

Thank you, Lindal Kidd. I could have sworn I tried that as I was experimenting while on a public beach sim. Apparently either I didn't, the mouse moved between clicks, or the pointer wasn't positioned precisely where FS expects it to be. I'll try it again.

Keep your mini-map open at all times.  Anyone on the region will show up as a green dot (or yellow if it's a friend).  Hover your cursor over a dot to see the person's name.  With some viewers, like Firestorm, you have the option to cam to the spot, if it's not too far away.

I don't know what to recommend about posting questions.  It's hard to imagine how you might post to any site on the Internet without being logged in to the site.

I know what Lvddawter is talking about with the logins.  You log into to your Dashboard, then you go to the Forums and have to log in AGAIN...and the site never remembers your login info, even if you check "remember me."  It's annoying, but that's been the way it behaves for years now.

If you use the Firestorm viewer, by double clicking a name in the People/Nearby window your camera will focus on them.  However, if they are on another parcel of land from you, and either your parcel or theirs has the privacy option set, your camera will move to them, but you won't see them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.