OSX El Capitan - Space Navigator Issue

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Moni Duettmann wrote:

Have you upgraded to El Capitan, Madelaine?

Yep, and everything is working fine. Though I am using an old Space Navigator driver. I couldn't find a version number, but the home page of the Help windows says "Last Updated: April 2008". I don't think I bought the thing unti 2010 or so.

I got a driver recommendation from 3Dconnexion for the use under Yosemite - and it worked. Those who said, they had problems with it under El C I don't know from what version they had upgraded; i.e. if they had made it working under Yosemite at all. I'm currently having quite a few issues with SL, lots of crashes, but everybody keeps telling me I should upgrade to El C.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. I'm getting 'close' with having my Space Navigator tuned for SL. Still tweaking finer points, BUT installation and drivers were quite aggravating. I do have Windoze10, had it for awhile, but just swapped motherboards too. The SN driver I have now is the Win10 versions (new) from 3dconnextion's site.

Overall... the problems I found was when installing (multiple times) was that new drivers attempt to install for EVERY 3d design program out there. I stopped that with using 'Custom' install and off-checked all options for EVERYTHING it seemed.

The one other problem I had was interference from a Logitech flightstick that I also use on the system. Seems that SL/FS will 'pickup' the FIRST controller is finds on a USB port. It was 'catching' my flightstick first... total aggravation (because I attempted to use it for SL before buying the SN... and it didn't work then.)

BUT then *Last Straw LUCKY lightning strike*... which was moving the SN to a rear USB and keeping flightstick on front USB.. SL will pickup the SN like is suppose to do. A much easier solution than attempting to tune USB ports in Bios!

Settings appear to be simular to those recommended as in other posts in Wiki, As for my physical placement.. I've found SN rests nicely just in front of the keyboard arrow keys. With it sitting there, when my finger tips are on arrow keys, the ball of hand is resting lightly on the SN... giving my quick 'action' to whichever movements I want by avi. Flycam is nice, although I wanted SN primarily for movements.

Am looking forward to attempting some builds with SN, it appears it is going to work out now.... after nearly POUNDING it through my wooden desktop!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.