unable to connect with simulator

Pimiko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For over two years now the Lindens have been doing rolling restarts to up date the server software. Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning. The main and RC channels restart almost every week. You can look in Help->About... while in a region to see if it is in a main or RC channel. If it is an RC channel there will be a name; Blue Steel, Le Tigre, or Magnum. If it is an RC channel, that region will restart on Wednesday, otherwise Tueday.

The Grid Status web page announces the restarts, but is not very accurate. Its like a calendar notice for the general scenario. The forum in the Technology section has a Servers section that gets a Deploys post telling what is happening with server roll outs. It usually appears some time Monday. This week there is no RC rollout so probably now restarts for the RC channels.

I am not sure how consistant they are about it, but the Lindens often send a notice in world that they are going to be restarting regions on Tuesday ro Wednesday.

Thank you for your Info but I can get all this as Info from Linden only if I can log in or if I can see in Browser the Calendar but I couldn't cause all if for me off.

DNS Solve comes as Info if I try to login and this now since the last 6 hours. Marketplace works not for me and all Sides from Linden are loading and loading... that was it then.

I know the weekly work from Linden but its long Time ago that I have this Problem like today and can not do anything.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

<snip>

I am not sure how consistant they are about it, but the Lindens often send a notice in world that they are going to be restarting regions on Tuesday ro Wednesday.

There has never been a universal In World message about the Restarts.

At least not since when I started in 2007.  Only the (automated) warning message normally given any time a SIM is restarted.

That isn't bad advice. Many routers are hit badly by SL. Things such as memory leaks accumulate more rapidly than with other internet services.

On the other hand, some regions seem to need several restarts to get things working right after a Server roll-out. So trying logging on to a different region may help.

When somebody is having more general problems, not even getting into web pages such as the Marketplace, a router re-boot is still a good idea. Changing DNS server is also good. It's worth knowing such things as the Google DNS servers, and having a note of your ISP's address servers, but things can be a little tricky. Your computer may be using the router IP address as its DNS source, and you need to change the router settings.

Yes, CDN can complicate things, but it shouldn't be affecting places such as the Marketplace. But since your computer caches DNS results, if you do have a bad address you may have to flush that cache.

How to clear your computer's DNS cache

Oh, your router is also DNS caching. That's another reason to reboot the router. It keeps coming up, doesn't it.

Thank you Wolf for trying to help . .I did all:

- reboot the router

- change DNS (Google) and this works yesterday one hour and then never again till today

- change the Region by login

- removed this and try all again: in windows 7  users/xxxxx(username)/appdata/roaming/firestorm or second life/ your name

- change the Viewer from Firestorm to SL Viewer and back ...

- clean complete my PC from SL and install all new (realy complete with cleanInstall)

And I found in all my try to find help in Web this what I past now and stop all my change Settings cause I have fear to make more broken as it help. This Problem with DNS was not the first Problem after Maintanence from Linden and here you see that Linden fix it and not the Users:

[Resolved] Scattered Reports of DNS Errors on Login

[Resolved 7:06pm PST, 13 February 2013] We have discovered the source of the issue and can confirm that it has been corrected at this time.

[Posted 10:00 am PST, 13 February 2013] Some Residents are reporting DNS errors attempting to log in to Second Life. We’re investigating the issue.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 at 10:02 am and is filed under SLGrid Status. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.