Why am I being blocked from listing my items?

Josh Susanto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My most recent item has gone into multiple boxes on multiple sims.

But when I press the synch button on SLM, nothing happens. Hours later, the item still does not appear for me to list.

So I sent it to my alt. My alt put it into a box on one of the same sims and had it listed in a couple of minutes.

So if my problem isn't the region, the box, or the the item, what is the problem?

The problem is my ACCOUNT.

Seriously, Lindens... WTF?

They need to realize that I'll always, always, always come back to call them on out on sh## one way or another, unless they're willing to permanently block every single IP addy in BTÁ.

And then, if I happen to go out of town... you know.

I suppose they actually could tighten things up to a point where I couldn't get a new account ever again, but that would mean excluding countless thousands of other potentially profitable users.

Wouldn't it just be cheaper in the long run to spend more time doing their jobs and less time finding new ways to mess with me?

I don't dislike Rod, personally, but now that Ive finally opened the big can of worms, I might as well put in the usual "you snooze you lose" incentive that has worked so well in other parts of my life.

http://tribes.tribe.net/secondlifemarketplaceproductsearch/thread/212f9dd0-2d77-4da0-9f4f-b57f41e039bf

Maybe if he's lucky, the Google spiders won't bite until he's already at his desk tomorrow morning.

(click link below for spidering status)

http://www.google.com.co/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=es&source=hp&q=Second+Life+Marketplace+problems+proven+to+be+related+specifically+to+user+account.+&pbx=1&oq=Second+Life+Marketplace+problems+proven+to+be+related+specifically+to+user+account.+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=9920l9920l0l11427l1l1l0l0l0l0l233l233l2-1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=10b38241130105ea&biw=1366&bih=624

And I'm still unable to list.

If my previous experimental results are still valid, I could probably just:

1) delete all my boxes.

2) press the synch button as a formal act of due diligence

3) take shots of my screen indicating that items are delivered which, in fact, are not even in a rezzed box

4) send the screen shots out to people complaining that they didn't get the stuff and tell them to take the matter up with LL

Or I guess I could just file a support ticket reminding Rod that whoever needed to be fired on 8 August still needs to be fired.

What should I do first, and how long should I wait before I do it?

I've got a bunch of new product ready to roll any time.

Any time, LL... any time.

Josh,

Have you checked the Magic Box Status page on the old XStreet to make sure it sees your Magic Boxes? That's the linchpin in the current system. If that site doesn't know about and can't talk with all of your Magic Boxes then it won't communicate any changes in inventory to SLM.

I recommend you check that page first, force a refresh on every box .. and then go to SLM and synch. It may help quite a bit.

If the account is the same, eliminating the boxes will likely have the same effect as using a new box, which is no effect.

Anyway, if this problem is still going on by the time DD is deployed, I'll be on a new account.

And if it does come to that, you can bet the way I've continued to soft-pedal my vituperation from a legal standpoint will end.

Sure. Here's the link to the Contact Support Area:

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

When you get there, click Submit a Support Case Form -> Marketplace -> General Marketplace Issues

Then, in the space provided, describe the issue you're having. If you've got screenshots or logs or anything that will help them pinpoint what's going on, there's an "Attach a file" at the bottom.

I hope they can help you.

Dakota restarted the region and examined all the boxes.

She admits there are aspects to the incident that she still does not understand, but, somehow, things are working again. 

I am VERY satisfied with Dakota's response. 

Getting things fixed is good, but hearing a Linden admit she actually doesn't know or understand something is refreshingly non-dismissive and non-condescending.

For BOTH things THANK YOU, DAKOTA.

(yes, I'll be eliminating the auxiliary links which I fed to Google)

Josh Susanto wrote:

Dakota restarted the region and examined all the boxes.

She admits there are aspects to the incident that she still does not understand, but, somehow, things are working again. 

I am VERY satisfied with Dakota's response. 

Getting things fixed is good, but hearing a Linden admit she actually doesn't know or understand something is refreshingly non-dismissive and non-condescending.

For BOTH things
THANK YOU, DAKOTA.

(yes, I'll be eliminating the auxiliary links which I fed to Google)

I'm really glad you're up and runnin again, Josh Dude!   I was wonderin what was goin on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.