MP Team, please exclude merchant names from item search

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have these two tabs in the marketplace, 'items' and 'merchants/stores'

When I want to find a merchant called Joe Graves, I can find him by putting his name in the merchants/stores field.
When I want to find an item, in this case a grave, I'm not able to find it, because all merchants that have 'grave' in their first name or surname show all their items in the search results.

When I'm looking for an item, I want to find this item, not complete shops of merchants who don't sell this item at all. Please make it so that I only get items, when I'm looking for items. Thanks in advance.

Please watch you agree: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4697

It is not easier to find something in the jira system then to find something in the marketplace. But as far as I could find, there is no jira open about this issue. According to Brooke the problem is fixed since December 2010.

While searching in this jira system I came along something that made me hestitate to post this issue. They have too much on their plate already. I think it is time to add some more people to the MP team.

UnresolvedJiras.png

*edited, changed 'vote' to 'watch'. Thanks Sassy

Pamela Galli wrote:

Something like this is just beyond their technical ability, is what I include.

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to scripting and programming, but with a bit of logic thinking... they can choose in what fields is searched and in what fields not. The item description field is not searched for example. Since the merchant name is not in the item title, not in the keywords and not in the product features... it seems simple. Exclude all other search fields mechanism for this item tab.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Something like this is just beyond their technical ability, is what I include.

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to scripting and programming, but with a bit of logic thinking... they can choose in what fields is searched and in what fields not. The item description field is not searched for example. Since the merchant name is not in the item title, not in the keywords and not in the product features... it seems simple. Exclude all other search fields mechanism for this item tab.

It wouldn't be difficult and wouldn't even be needed if the search supported boolean operators, then we could enter a search such as:-

+boots +black -house

and that would exclude anything made by or including the word "house".

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Please watch you agree:

It is not easier to find something in the jira system then to find something in the marketplace. But as far as I could find, there is no jira open about this issue. According to Brooke the problem is fixed since December 2010.

While searching in this jira system I came along something that made me hestitate to post this issue. They have too much on their plate already. I think it is time to add some more people to the MP team.

*edited, changed 'vote' to 'watch'. Thanks Sassy

My bolding above.

Actually, quite frankly, with the repairs that they are needing to do to fix the current mess this may be the perfect time to include this. That way it gets incorporated into the fix rather than them finding afterwards that they'd have to do a major rehash of something they did or something they do makes it next to impossible.

I've added my comment and am watching.

Kampu Oyen wrote:

Then why assign anything to Commerceteam Linden at all?

Commerceteam Linden is to Brooke Linden what account 88888 was to Nick Leeson.

I can hardly wait for LJM Linden and Raptors Linden to get into the act at this point.

Oh i'm not arguing with that, only that it is completely wrong to be so single focussed to implement something to the exclusion of all the other pressing issues, like email on review.  2 lines of code....2.

Sassy Romano wrote:

"CommerceTeam Linden"; 204; 20%

Because for over a year, to the exclusion of ALL ELSE, there has been a single focus on delivering Direct Delivery as if that has been the only issue with MP.

I am beyond the end of my rope with all this crap.

My comment on the JIRA:  "Why do we even have to point this out?  It would be obvious to a third grader."

But then there wouldn't be any need for crowd sourcing, job security or a love machine.

You teach 3rd graders to excel. LL begins re-training them to fail from the moment of hiring and culture beginning with the TAO. It's OK to fail, as long as you're learning and growing.

LL is an enabler.

Will vote but not watch. If votes mean nothing and they're too clueless to disable it, can't begin to help them with common sense. Their antics aren't worth the space in my spam folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.