Hello Second Lifers :)

GeremioRatti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm new in SL, about 4 days now.  I'm having a lot of fun already just dancing around in clubs, exploring the world and such.  Everything is all so new to me so figure, might as well get acquainted with some people who are regulars!

I'm an oddball I guess, very nomadic, I don't like being tied down to one place, hence why I live single IRL, I keep my freedom.  I came here to make money, it's my ultimate goal to be THE top Linden Dollar earner in the game.  I know I got a big hill to climb but nothing scared me, no mountain to tall, no ocean too deep.

Want to make some money with me?  Chances are if you own a decent business, we'll be talking in the not so distant future and if you have some skills, you may even work for me!  I accept all friend request but don't abuse that right, I never give two chances; I guess that how I remain on top.

Please speak only French or English...  I have an Italian name but can't speak it very well...  Want to earn a few Lindies?  Always looking to improve my Italian and German!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

-Geremio Ratti

GeremioRatti wrote:

I came here to make money, it's my ultimate goal to be THE top Linden Dollar earner in the game.  I know I got a big hill to climb but nothing scared me, no mountain to tall, no ocean too deep.

I don't know how much research you have done already prior to joining Second Life with this goal in mind, but I can tell you a little bit about the business world in Second Life from experiance.

Most public venues you will see are the expensive hobbies of their owners or cover part of their monthly costs. Most people who consider their business sucessful do that, when it covers their virtual life. You can count yourself rich, if it pays for your RL bills and the very few people who got rich in Rl due to SL simply had luck, because they had the right idea and the right skill at the right time.

@Tex - LOL - I am not greedy tho, greed is when you won't pay $5 (Sweet deal) for a cab to get your pregnant wife to a hospital.  Yes some people will do that.  Teaching that greed is right is wrong.  I am greedy in a sense that I enjoy creating things and selling them for profit and always want to sell more but won't trample over 12 newborn infants, nor sellout my beliefs to save or make a buck.

That said, doubt I'll spend a lot of effort and money in this game.  Not worth it.  I'll go play Entropia, at least they realize it's a game but it's the same thing as Second Life?  lol

GeremioRatti wrote:

I came here to make money, it's my ultimate goal to be THE top Linden Dollar earner in the game.

Planning to make even more than Anshe Chung did?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anshe_Chung

Chung currently owns thousands of servers' worth of land, most of which are sold or rented to other users as a part of her 'Dreamland' areas.

In November 2006 Chung announced that she had "become the first online personality to achieve a net worth exceeding one million US dollars from profits entirely earned inside a virtual world".

[unquote]

(Note: it's US dollars earned) :matte-motes-wink:

I think that starting a fresh new business and trying to reach that income in Second Life now is rather impossible. Unless you do have something very special in mind - never seen before - what a vast number of people are willing to pay for.

Anyway, good luck!  :matte-motes-smile:

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.