Sending pictures

Ssafi Oleander

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

First you need to get the pictures inworld.  File/Upload/Images from the menu will do that  for you.  However it also costs 10L to upload the image.  And of course you need to choose a compatible image format like png, tga or jpg

Once you have the image inworld, then it's just a matter of transferring the image object to your new friend.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Hello Ssafi, interesting question, with a sort of complex answer !!

I assume you mean in-world, so

- first, get a picture.

Either take a snapshot How do I take pictures or snapshots of things inworld?

or Upload an image from your computer's Hard Disk How do I upload images or sounds?

Then, use one of the suggestions in this article in Knowledge Base How do I give things to other people?

• Give something to someone nearby
  • Give something to someone in your Calling Cards folder
  • Give something to someone without their calling card

Please let us know if this helps

• Like 1

I think the best way to send pictures to friends is to send snapshots via email. Snapshot > Send a Postcard > File out details > Send. This allows you to email a picture from within Second Life to an outside email address for free. Uploading pictures to Flickr etc to share with friends and family is another good option.
Or
Click and drag a picture from your inventory then drop it on your friends profile in-world where it says Drop inventory item here.

All pictures need to have all properties clicked (copy modify and sell/give away). Then open the person profile you wish to send it to and drag it to the space provided below the comments section in there profile or open the IM chat to them and drag it into the chat window.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.