In-World Search has dropped many Parcels 30-Dec-2012

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It was brought to my attention by one of my customers that In-World Search woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. A very large number of Parcels have been dropped from In-World Search Results. This is a server-side issue and there is nothing you can do yourself to fix it. However I do recommend that you check that your Parcels and Stores are still visible through Search. You can check by using SL In-World Search and entering the name of your Parcel. For example, my Main Store has been dropped from Search Results, so when I search for "DGP4SL Main Store" I do not get my store at all.

Since BUG Reports (previously known as JIRA Issues) are only visible to the person filing the BUG, and since Linden Lab has required individual reports by each person experiencing the problem, if you find that your Parcel or Store has been dropped from Search Results then you should create a new BUG Report.

You can open the JIRA site at Second Life JIRA then use the "Create Issue" link near the top right of the page AFTER logging in with your SL User Name and Password. The Second Life JIRA can be found at https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Since BUG Reports (previously known as JIRA Issues) are only visible to the person filing the BUG, and since Linden Lab has required individual reports by each person experiencing the problem, if you find that your Parcel or Store has been dropped from Search Results then you should create a new BUG Report.

Could be that Linden Lab had too few bug reports.

They might have felt that they are running out of work.

So they invented this awesome way how to get more bug reports.

Jobs secured!

:matte-motes-big-grin:  :smileytongue:

Yeah I was looking for a few sims to explore last night ( which I wanted to explore before, but never found time for that ) and couldn't find those using search.

At 1st I thought they got closed too... Then I checked my teleport history and teleported in this way. Places search in Catznip works too, I found that later.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.