HELP!! Someone is giving me stolen lindens?

Miyuko101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

This is really popular in brazilian lands - when someone doesn't like anyone, they give stolen lindens. And it is what is happening to me at the moment. Some random alt is giving me 7.000L$, and I keep giving 'em back but the alt keeps giving me the lindens again. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. I need someone to help me, I don't wanna be banned.

I don't know if I should post it here, but I just don't know what to do anymore.

ARing is sending an abuse report.  Click on 'Help' in your tool bar top screen and fill out the form with as much detail as possible, and say that you are going to pay the lindens to Governor Linden if you still have them by this point.  Leave the form open on your screen and make trhe payment to Gov. Linden and then copy the transaction history into the report.

If you don't still have the lindens, find the transaction history with the back and forth and copy THAT instead.

Send it off and try not to worry.

Miyuko101 wrote:

Hello,

This is really popular in brazilian lands - when someone doesn't like anyone, they give stolen lindens. And it is what is happening to me at the moment. Some random alt is giving me 7.000L$, and I keep giving 'em back but the alt keeps giving me the lindens again. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. I need someone to help me, I don't wanna be banned.

I don't know if I should post it here, but I just don't know what to do anymore.

Try blocking them. I think they cant send you money if you block them. I could be wrong, but it cant hurt to try.

Take the $L and spend it on something nice.

Unless you have reason to believe the $L was stolen, or involved in some crime ring regarding SL accounts, why would you worry at all?

I've had gifts thrown my way (though not as much), I just thank them and use it.

But then again, I'm not involved in anything untoward, so wouldn't have such concerns where it came from.

entity0x wrote:

Unless you have reason to believe the $L was stolen, or involved in some crime ring regarding SL accounts, why would you worry at all?

I've had gifts thrown my way (though not as much), I just thank them and use it.

But then again, I'm not involved in anything untoward, so wouldn't have such concerns where it came from.

Maybe because they do have reason to believe it was stolen, as they said in their opening post?

entity0x wrote:

Not good advice at all!

Once someone reports what's going on, perhaps the original peron that the $L's were stolen from, LL will trace the money and where ever it ended up will take it back.  If the OP spends it that's going to stick the merchants with $L's they thought they earned disappearing.  If LL has any evidence the OP believed it was stolen (including IM's and even this forum post) she could get in trouble herself too.  She'll also have a lot of merchants mad at her, who perhaps will ban her from their inworld stores and demand she pay for the merchandise she got.  This happened to somone I knew at one time.

I commend the OP for wanting to do the right thing.  Not everyone wants to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.