How to make a profile pick that contains no location?

Real Burger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

As you know, sometimes profile picks are used to display things other than locations, such as favorite snapshots. Thus, I would like to be able to add some snapshots+text in my picks, but without slurl location.

I ask this question because I know that there is a way to get rid of the slurl location in picks, I've seen that in some cases:

- I saw an account from a resident who have all his picks without location
- In my own profile, I saw recently that there was a pick showing no location

In both cases, perhaps it could be because the landmark is no longer valid? But I'm not sure.

Any idea?

Thank you for your help

3 answers to this question

I don't know about creating profile picks that show no location at all (I'd not heard of it until I read this, but I don't look at profile picks much).

However, I do know that one method for having a pick without providing the location is simply to create the pick while at a sandbox, or your store, or some other neutral location.   That is, a location is associated with the pick but it can't really be used.

Go to the Me menu item. Select Picks. A panel opens and it lets you enter the text for your pick. There is a button labeled Set to Current Location. Don't click it. Save the pick.

That is supposed to create a Pick with no link. It doesn't. The SL Viewer creates a link anyway using your current location. It is what I think is a bug. But this behavior has been in place since late 2011.

The my.secondlife.com pages are no help either. When you attempt o edit the pick on the web page it opens the viewer to make the edit.

Firestorm handles Picks the same way. You cannot make a new Pick without a location.

Looking at my picks that do not have a location, I find they were originally linked to regions no longer on the grid or made before 2011.

If there is a way, I haven't been able to find it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.