How to make a profile pick that contains no location?

Real Burger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know about creating profile picks that show no location at all (I'd not heard of it until I read this, but I don't look at profile picks much).

However, I do know that one method for having a pick without providing the location is simply to create the pick while at a sandbox, or your store, or some other neutral location.   That is, a location is associated with the pick but it can't really be used.

3 answers to this question

I don't know about creating profile picks that show no location at all (I'd not heard of it until I read this, but I don't look at profile picks much).

However, I do know that one method for having a pick without providing the location is simply to create the pick while at a sandbox, or your store, or some other neutral location.   That is, a location is associated with the pick but it can't really be used.

Go to the Me menu item. Select Picks. A panel opens and it lets you enter the text for your pick. There is a button labeled Set to Current Location. Don't click it. Save the pick.

That is supposed to create a Pick with no link. It doesn't. The SL Viewer creates a link anyway using your current location. It is what I think is a bug. But this behavior has been in place since late 2011.

The my.secondlife.com pages are no help either. When you attempt o edit the pick on the web page it opens the viewer to make the edit.

Firestorm handles Picks the same way. You cannot make a new Pick without a location.

Looking at my picks that do not have a location, I find they were originally linked to regions no longer on the grid or made before 2011.

If there is a way, I haven't been able to find it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.