How to be sure that an Abuse Report is not incomplete before sending?

Real Burger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello

I would like to send an Abuse Report about someone exercising threats and DDOS attacks (see my other question: Abuse-and-Griefing/Resident-exercising-threats-and-DDOS-attacks )

At the bottom of the Abuse Report box we can see written : " * Incomplete reports won't be investigated".
I note well the asterisk at the beginning of the sentence, but this refers to none of the fields, we do not see any other asterisk inside the box (!) this led me to post here.

My Abuse Report concerns someone who crashed a sim, as my viewer was crashing I wasn't able to take a screenshot from the viewer, so I did a print screen from my PC. I have the screenshot showing what happened. I also found that the category that best describes the issue is "Harrassment -> targeted behaviour intended to disrupt".
The problem is: In the Abuse Report box, it is not possible to upload a picture, it uses only the auto camera of the viewer at the moment we open the AR box. I would like to know if it is possible that I give an external url link of my picture in the details (http link from gyazo). And this leads to ask another question: Is not using a screenshot from the abuse report box will make my AR incomplete or not?

Secondly, in my case there is not Object associated. Does leaving the Object field empty will make my AR incomplete or not?

And finally, Location of Abuse: do I have to go back where the crash happened to make my AR? This is something I can do of course, but I would like to be sure that this information is needed.

I would like to take a great care before sending my AR, because as CassieMaia preciously answered to my previous question: "Linden Lab does not respond back to you regarding the action that they take on the report. "

So I imagine that Linden Lab won't ask me for any further clarification if my AR is incomplete. That is something that I can understand as I imagine the ammount of AR that they receive. So I would like to be sure to send a complete AR.

So, I will give my best kudo to the person answering the 4 questions I am asking (each question : yes or no, and I will be happy to have details and explanations of course):

1. Is it possible that I give an external url link of my picture in the details?
  2. Is not using a screenshot from the abuse report box will make my AR incomplete?
  3. Does leaving the Object field empty will make my AR incomplete?
  4. Does leaving Location of Abuse field empty will make my AR incomplete?

Thank you very much for your time :matte-motes-smile:

3 answers to this question

Fill in ALL you can, and skip what you assume, stick to facts.

File the AR from the right place, sending a snapshot of Lindenplaza won't bring a lot of help when the fact was on the Rodondendron sim.

You can add a link in the message.

Give details if you think they are needed.

And for now as last... don't wait too long for the AR. If it's a week ago it won't get the attention as a new issue.

.... just send it again if you encounter the problems again. We, nor anybody else here knows how the secret service of SL works.

• Like 1

It shouldn't be a problem to include an external link. Just be clear as to what the link leads to, and why you don't have a screenshot to send inworld. Essentially, what they want is a complete and detailed explanation of events from your point of view.

Not using a screenshot should also not be a problem, especially with an external link to an image. Again, just be clear what the link is to and why you're using it instead of a screenshot. 

If there was no object involved, how could you be expected to have anything to fill in that field? Leave it blank, or type "N/A" (Not Applicable). That should not make your A/R incomplete.

Leaving Location of Abuse field may make the A/R incomplete. Since this was a sim crash, LL needs to know which sim was crashed. I haven't filled out an A/R recently, but if you can't type out the name of the location in that field, you'll probably want to TP over to fill out the A/R.

• Like 2

1.  Is it possible that I give an external url link of my picture in the details?

Yes.

2.  Is not using a screenshot from the abuse report box will make my AR incomplete?

No.  A screenshot is optional.  As you noticed, the screenshot available is automatically taken when you open the AR window.  If there is time, you can reposition your camera to clearly show the infraction, and then open the AR window.

3.  Does leaving the Object field empty will make my AR incomplete?

No.  You use this part of the AR to report a griefing object and its owner.  For example, when someone tosses out a GoonSquad object.  Sometimes the griefer is long gone, but his object(s) are still wreaking havoc.  In this situation, reporting the object is definitely the way to go.

4.  Does leaving Location of Abuse field empty will make my AR incomplete?

Yes.  When you open the AR window, the location box is automatically filled in with your current location.  But if the trouble happened somewhere else, you can delete this and paste in a SLURL to the correct location.

As others have said, AR as soon as possible...right at the time of the event, if you can.  Have everyone present submit their own AR.  Multiple ARs will tend to lend more weight to the situation.

Voice isn't logged by Linden Lab, which is probably one reason your griefer used Voice instead of text chat.  But if he comes back, and you happen to have a voice recorder app...or better yet, an audio/video screen capture app...you can submit a link to such a file as additional evidence.

There have been repeated instances during the last several months of griefers, usually a team, attacking popular clubs and demanding "protection money" to leave them alone.  I don't know if your griefer was of this type, but mass ARs are the way to address the problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.