Magic box ... wth

Nymph Zenith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sooo been offline for a little while and returned to find that both my magic boxes failed and spam me to death with how often they have failed.

My marketplace shop is now non existant....

I was wondering why sales all of a sudden dropped to nothing.  Marketplace makes up alot of my revenue and with how low traffic and sales on sl have been as of late...lets just say... not good.

anyone want to tell me what the he** is going on?

trying to rez a new box failed, trying to buy a new box failed... something im missing?

Might want to check in here more often and be sure you are set to get notices from SL because we've all gotten plenty of notice about it through emails and definitely in here. It's been in beta for quite a long time too.Just take some time and read through some of the past threads...it's just moved to direct delivery instead of through a magic box. Although I have no idea why yours are failing completely, because the deadline to migrate wasn't until June 1st and even that has been extended. You might be having something else going on.

Aaaah yes...

And now the mysterious lurkers begin to appear to tell us that magic boxes don't work.

Can ralph be far behind, reminding again us that freebies are killing Second Life?

But I'll give Nymph the benefit of a doubt in terms of possibly not being a Linden alt.

Nymph-

Here's what you need to do:

Go to a Linden sim, attach the box to your avatar and reset it before synching with the SLM.

If that doesn't work, I'll eat a bug. 

If it works (and it will) we can take it to the next step from there.

I just think we need to establish, before anything else, that the boxes DO work, and work pretty damned well when allowed to do so.

Josh, I think you need to face reality that just because Magic Boxes worked well for you, that they didn't work well for everyone. I've had the same problems that Nymph has had since September, and now that I've switched to DD I'm selling a lot more every day.

The best way to fix this that I've found is to delete all your magic boxes in world, delete them from the website, get a new one on SLMP, and then put about 10 things in each box and start all over. However, for me, that only let them work for about a week before I got the reset message. My sales would take a day to get good, have one or two really good days, and then they would die out. It wouldn't matter about the day of the week, only when I reset my box. Sometimes I would have no sales on the weekend and a ton on a Wednesday, and others I would have a ton of sales on the weekend and hardly any during the week.

And I'm not talking a difference of 2 or 3 times in sales, I'm talking a difference of 10 times or greater. I've never tried the rez on the avatar and reset thing, but it's possible that'd fix it too.

I'm with you Flea...my sales have been steady and not a single failed delivery since the switch. I'm happy with the switch, as far as reliability goes, I just wish they would fix the other issues everyone is finding including updating the search on popularity. But if we're talking strictly about delivery, I'm very happy with the DD switch.

And, on the other hand, I've actually never had a single problem with the Magic Boxes for the last 5 years beginning with SLX and after the migration to The Marketplace (and no, I wasn't standing on Linden Land with it attached to my avatar, or hidden in my avatar or whatever, heh).  I don't have as many listings on the Marketplace as many of you so not sure if that plays into it but I have been very satisfied with the Magic Boxes.

Deja Letov wrote:

Might want to check in here more often and be sure you are set to get notices from SL because we've all gotten plenty of notice about it through emails and definitely in here.

Is there something I need to set to receive notices from SL?  I thought I had it set and for years received SL updates, but just realized I haven't in awhile.  I may not have set something that is needed when LL changed to this forum structure.  I did know about DD, having heard about it last year, but at the time it was an indefinite "sometime in the future." 

I definitely want to make sure I get SL notices, and will be definitely checking in here!!!

I migrated all my non-big sellers from MB to DD (about 90% of my MP items)... and I have left my top 6 sellers on MB - which generates about 90% of my $ sales in MP.

I never had problems with MB in all the years I have used it... and I have not had any problem in the migration nor the current mixed mode state I am in now.  I received two partially delivered status's since my DD migration on two of my DD migrated items..... but prior to DD I only had 3 of the same partial failures on MB since Jan 1.  So that tells you how much value DD has been for me.

It has been extra work with ZERO improvement in any of my service of functionality on MP.  In fact, magically, since the DD migration started, my midnight to 5am 1hour+ deliveries on my 6 magicbox items that happened after the sale has now become instant.  Funny huh??

So to me.... DD has been extra work with no value.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Deja Letov wrote:

Might want to check in here more often and be sure you are set to get notices from SL because we've all gotten plenty of notice about it through emails and definitely in here.

Is there something I need to set to receive notices from SL?  I thought I had it set and for years received SL updates, but just realized I haven't in awhile.  I may not have set something that is needed when LL changed to this forum structure.  I did know about DD, having heard about it last year, but at the time it was an indefinite "sometime in the future." 

I definitely want to make sure I get SL notices, and will be definitely checking in here!!!

there no longer is a post sales delivery email notice (sad since I would want this email notice restored).  All I get from my DD sold items is the email notice of the sale TX.... not the Delivery notice.  With MB I am getting the delivery notice still.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Deja Letov wrote:

Might want to check in here more often and
be sure you are set to get notices from SL because we've all gotten plenty of notice about it through emails
and definitely in here.

there no longer is a post sales delivery email notice (sad since I would want this email notice restored).  All I get from my DD sold items is the email notice of the sale TX.... not the Delivery notice.  With MB I am getting the delivery notice still.

Thank you for responding, Toy :)  What I was referring to was the bolded part (emphasis mine) in Deja's post above.  If I understand correctly, that was not a reference to email notification of sales, but email update notices from SL about upcoming changes, etc.  I recall receiving emails of that nature a couple of years ago but have not for a long time, so was asking how I would go about receiving that info from SL.  Of course I could consistently check the status reports as well on the home page; but if there is some type of email notification on upcoming changes from SL, I definitely want to be in on it. :)

OK, I'm confused, but what else is new? lol

I get magic box notification and MP delivery notifications to email.  That's how I learned that there was a problem - that a customer bought, paid for, ad received an item, but I didn't get paid.  Support has since resolved the issue for me.

So I don't understand what any of you mean when you say the email option feature is not long available or that it hasn't worked.

I had deliberately let my box fill up for a few days to try to get the email to bounce.

I figured that was what happened, but then I started hearing from other people that it had also stopped for them.

Naturally it has started again, IMMEDIATELY after my last posting.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

Ilyra Chardin wrote:

So I don't understand what any of you mean when you say the email option feature is not long available or that it hasn't worked.

I wasn't even talking about the email notifications....lol.  I probably confused the entire issue.  I was just asking, based on a comment by Deja above, how to be notified by SL when something new (like DD) is going to be rolled out.  Like, is there some box to check on the website somewhere?

Sorry for the confusion.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ilyra Chardin wrote:

I wasn't even talking about the email notifications....lol.  I probably confused the entire issue.  I was just asking, based on a comment by Deja above, how to be notified by SL when something new (like DD) is going to be rolled out.  Like, is there some box to check on the website somewhere?

Sorry for the confusion.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I confuse very easily :-O

This was so not your issue :-P

Thanks for the explanation though.

Czari...sorry I'm not even sure where that is, but I get emails from LL about new things, I must have signed up for something somewhere. Although I'm also on their facebook, follow many other SL users, etc. So who knows where it is, but I swear there was an option somewhere to opt into their mailing list.

Deja Letov wrote:

Czari...sorry I'm not even sure where that is, but I get emails from LL about new things, I must have signed up for something somewhere. Although I'm also on their facebook, follow many other SL users, etc. So who knows where it is, but I swear there was an option somewhere to opt into their mailing list.

Ah, just saw your reply here, Deja, after I asked again on Couldyu's recent post re: the email she received from LL.  I recall there being someplace to opt-in in the past...not sure how I got opted out...lol.  Will try to find it.  Thanks :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.