Marketplace horror!

Kristen Coledale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My creations account for RL income for me, and I foolishly jumped on the DD bandwagon.

My items are no copy/ transfer and I'm hearing stories about items being delivered to the same person multiple times!  This could potentially DESTROY my years of hard work and of course now I'm panicking. 

Is it possible to switch BACK to the boxes and how?  Please help before MP destroys me!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't in good conscience refrain from saying...

HELL YES, REMIGRATE IMMEDIATELY.

It may not totally stop the proliferation of the items already sold by DD, but it would at least give you some kind of a chance to stop the bleeding. 

Or you could just wait for the Lindens to tell you to do it when it's already too late to be of any value to you.

Your call.

I hope you have a folder with your stores inventory. I would think it is just putting the items back in your magic box and resyncing it. I hope its that simple.  I don't even think you need to box them. My friend has his unboxed. I wish you luck.

I guess I have been lucky not have any problems.

Knocks on wood. :)

Rez your boxes with all those products in them.  Then go to your marketplace manage listings page.  Resync your boxes.  You will have to manually reassociate each one so that it is associated with the magic box item and not the Direct delivery one.  Go to Edit the 1st item, scroll down to Edit Associated and search for the magic box item.  Click it.  Then click Update at the bottom. 

If I were you, I would delete the direct delivery item each time you do an update so your unassociated items doesn't get full up.  It can only hold 100 direct delivery items in it. 

This will take you a while because automatic association only happens from magic box to direct delivery.  Not the other way around. :(

I don't have all the variables.

I CAN tell you that the boxes still work and that other people have remigrated successfully. 

If you're not certain that you want to remigrate, you might at least consider cutting off the sales until something either changes or is made clear enough to you to make a better decision.

If you shut the sales off, you lose the sales while they're shut off.

If you continue the full perms sales, you risk losing sales of those sales to people who might be getting them cheaper, or for free, instead.

As I've already explained in another thread, the permissions leaks might ultimately be good or bad for your total store revenues.

But there is a principle involved here, as well as the simple question of whether the numerical result is good or bad.

The principle is that if you didn't agree to let LL leak your permissions, you're nonetheless being complicit in the decision they made which allowed the leakage as long as you don't take action, yourself, to plug the leak.

You would have to de-activate and remove all the DD entries so your marketplace is empty, then re-rezz your box and re-list each item from scratch.  Although they have a migration path from box listings to DD there is no way to go the other directions.

BUT SO far I've not found any way to DELTE inactive objects.  Once they are in your marketplace inventory they are stuck there forever, or I'm missing SOMETHING???

I hope you don't do a lot of edits.  In the past you just replaced the edited item n the box.  PERIOD.

Now you have to put it in the MERCHANT OUTBOX, Upload it, then log into your account, go to your listings, find the out of date item, edit, find the "Edit Assoicated Object", click on it, then find the uploaded object in the Unassociated Inventory Items, click on it, then click on UPDATE.   WHAT A DRAG!.

>BUT SO far I've not found any way to DELTE inactive objects.  Once they are in your marketplace inventory they are stuck there forever, or I'm missing SOMETHING???

You are not missing something. 

I have come to suspect that this design aspect of the SLM is intended to assure that SLM accounts gradually get congested with nonfunctional data as a subtle deterrent to continued use.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

You would have to de-activate and remove all the DD entries so your marketplace is empty, then re-rezz your box and re-list each item from scratch.  Although they have a migration path from box listings to DD there is no way to go the other directions.

BUT SO far I've not found any way to DELTE inactive objects.  Once they are in your marketplace inventory they are stuck there forever, or I'm missing SOMETHING???

I hope you don't do a lot of edits.  In the past you just replaced the edited item n the box.  PERIOD.

Now you have to put it in the MERCHANT OUTBOX, Upload it, then log into your account, go to your listings, find the out of date item, edit, find the "Edit Assoicated Object", click on it, then find the uploaded object in the Unassociated Inventory Items, click on it, then click on UPDATE.   WHAT A DRAG!.

Or you can do as AnnMarie suggests and relist everything from scratch, which to ME is worse than reassociating.  I mean...descriptions, photos, perms, adding 8 "Like" items at the bottom...MUCH more work than just reassociating.

Kristen Coledale wrote:

Thank you Marcus
:(
 I can't do this via bulk edit?  Editing 213 items is going to take me all damned night.  Whoever's bright idea this was should be.......kicked. REALLY FREAKING HARD :**(

Thanks for your help everyone
:/

You're quite welcome.  There's a lot you can do in bulk edit, but this isn't one of them.  You're talking about the actual individual items that get delivered and how.  Not something like perms or description or something. 

Yes.  It will take a while.  But if you have your heart set on migrating back to magic boxes, you'll just have to spend the time.  And believe me...I know it's a pain in the rear!  My business partner died on Friday and I've had to go in and delete his 50% from every single one of my listings by hand too!  And I have 443 right now!

Ummm ... huh? No no no .. Sorry AnnMarie, but that's not even close to correct.

Marcus has it right. Do the following:

1. Rez your Magic Boxes again.

2. On the Manage Listings Page .. click "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" then wait a few minutes for the sync to complete.

3. Refresh the Manage Listings page - All your Magic Box inventory items will show under Unassociated Inventory Items. LEAVE THEM THERE!

4. Edit each item, click the "Edit Associated Object" button near the top of each listing and then "Choose" the proper Magic Box item from the list it presents. (You may have to Search to find it, and also using Search is faster than scrolling through a big list.)

5. Update the Listing

6. Lather, rinse and repeat with each of your Products.

Marcus also recommends deleting the Direct Delivery items as they appear in the Manage Listings page (which is where you wind up again after you click Update on the Edit Listing page.) I agree, otherwise you start collecting too many Direct Delivery items in that Unassociated Inventory Items list and it gets cumbersome to deal with them.

It's a simple process but does NOT require you to unlist anything, does NOT require you recreate listings .. or any such foofraw. Basically you just switch the DD item for the MB item and save the changes.The only kicker is .. it's all manual and very time consuming. The GOOD news is that when you go to move back to DD, the association will be automatic.

I need to ask Kristen, have you had any items delivered more than once yet? Of the 50,000+ Merchants on MP, so far there's been less than a handful reported this problem. You may want to wait until it happens .. IF it happens .. before you go hog wild running in panic.

Just my two cents worth but .. rather than run off half-crazed .. stop and take a breath and consider the risk before you spend 2-3 days undoing everything .. only to have to redo it again in a month.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.