Direct Delivery - Migration

Circe Ishtari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone :)

I started today with the migration of 700+ products on marketplace, watched the video on youtube for the how to.

The marketplace is very very very slow and breaks up a process all the time with the error message "So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!" which already sounds a bit ironic to me.

Main issue now is the error message or error webpage which occurs if I want to delete the product boxes for direct delivery from the "Unassociated inventory items" list.

If iam lucky, it deletes at least 20 items but that is a lot already, no matter how many items I do select for delete, it leads me to this error page.

Well, after I was so happy to have it almost all deleted....all of a sudden my deleted items appeared again at the unassociated inventory list. So yes, I just have to start over trying to delete this list, again all the pain :( Maybe I will have finished this migration in a few days.. I keep trying.

Iam using firefox as browser with all clean cache, deleted cookies etc.

I really hope to hear about a solution and thank you very much.

Thank you both very much for the quick respond. I did remove the magic boxes now and hope it will work as in that suggested Topic advised^^

Now only the ultra slow website needs to work for me. I still keep getting the error message after each attempt to delete an item from the listing.

At least the the list do not gets longer anymore. Thank you again for your help :)

EDIT: I do understand it right, that we have to keep all items at the same spot in our inventory as we have uploaded them to the marketplace? All boxes must remain at the same place yes? I ask because of the amount of extra file space in our inventory. LL says something about 10.000 files should be max (I have read that somewhere some time ago) but it seems to be impossible to stay at that, I have now around 19.000 files and boxed a lot already x.x

Hello again, Circe

No, you do not have to keep everything in the same place in your inventory after you do the uploads.  You can move them where ever you'd like.  As far as I know...there's no limit on the size of your inventory.  I have very nearly 35,000 items in my inventory and I've heard of people with over 100,000!

You should be fine there too.  :)

Josh Susanto wrote:

Don't bother to migrate until doing so constitutes an actual upgrade of some kind.

What's unclear about this?

Why are people already migrating if it reduces market utility?

I really like how you think. *smiles*  IF I decide to continue in the MP, I'm sure as heck not doing the migration until it's working well...or at least working. 

• Resident

Greetings!

If you are trying to remove the old Magic Box products from your Unassociated Inventory section please see the Second Life Wiki page, located here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/DD_Launch_Questions

If you are trying to delete products from your Unassociated Inventory Section that are Direct Delivery products, it is a known issue that the Bulk Delete option is not working if there is an existing Product Listing for the product.

You should be able to delete the products using the Actions - Delete option for each entry.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4567

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Greetings!

If you are trying to remove the old Magic Box products from your Unassociated Inventory section please see the Second Life Wiki page, located here:

If you are trying to delete products from your Unassociated Inventory Section that are Direct Delivery products, it is a known issue that the Bulk Delete option is not working if there is an existing Product Listing for the product.

You should be able to delete the products using the Actions - Delete option for each entry.

CTL:  Do you realize that there could be HUNDREDS of old magic box listings to delete?  At 3 minutes per single delete wait time minimum, you're talking about 5 HOURS just to delete all the old ones with 100 to delete!  Talk about a waste of the merchants time!

Thanks to everyone who replied and helped me in this case :)

After ~5 hours I have finally all items listed as direct delivery. The listing itself was going fine, just the removal of the items listed in the unassociated list took all the time.

There is a way to make it faster, I wish I would knew before. Here is how I made that (maybe helps other merchants too).

The last 2 magic boxes I did remove inworld (took them back to inventory) and removed them from the old SLX website ( https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=adminservers ) then back to the merchant dashboard -> manage listings -> hit the "sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes".

After that, the product listing will be all red marked because it is not associated anymore with a product box.

Now in world I did upload the content of the last 2 magic boxes, the unassociated item list stays empty this way, no need to delete anything, it will all auto synch and activate your products again.. without clicking any buttons.

So maybe it is the best to start right away to remove the magic boxes either in world and synch marketplace or just remove them from the old SLX website only in case you want to keep the boxes in world.

I hope, I did explain that well. I also saw a new post about this from Marcus Hancraft which is a similar solution ^^

Now only one little problem left, all products are listed with "USE NOW" in product description of marketplace. Since my products are all boxed and probably for most of the merchants it is the same, you need to change your product description to "unpack" which is done by editing the product information (bulk or single edit works for that).

Have a great day and thank you again for all friendy and quick help at this forum ^^

Yes, Marcus.

But this is again consistent with the ongoing unstated policy of punishing merchants who have many low-priced products and probably trying (futilely) to create some kind of comeptitive advantage for a very few very expensive products, as if users have set purchase budgets and the daily revenues of the SLM are a zero-sum game.

Malefactor Linden and ralf are probably laughing so hard that they can't see straight.

I think the reason folks don't do it this way (delete the Magic Boxes then Sync Marketplace) is because during the time the old item is gone (after syncing) until they are able to upload the item with Direct Delivery, the item is not listed in their store and won't make any sales. A bunch of folks don't like to lose sales because they are doing "housekeeping" stuff.

Granted, it probably does go faster, and you can spot the ones that need uploading because they're highlighted in red. But it's that offline time that makes folks avoid this method.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.