Sign in to follow this  
Isabeau Firehawk

How do i place a platform in the sky and how would I get there? Thank You!

Question

You can fly up there or if it''s too high you can "sit" on an object and edit it to the height of the platform. You can also try just sitting on the platform. To go back there, make sure to set the land so that you can teleport "anywhere" (it's an option in "About Land") and then create a landmark when you're up on the platform.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

You can fly up there or if it''s too high you can "sit" on an object and edit it to the height of the platform. You can also try just sitting on the platform. To go back there, make sure to set the land so that you can teleport "anywhere" (it's an option in "About Land") and then create a landmark when you're up on the platform.

• Like 1

The best way is to build it on the ground and then lift it.  That way you can be sure that the entire thing is still within the bounds of your own parcel.  It's easiest if the skybox is a single linkset, and you don't have anything in it (like furniture).  Rez the structure on the ground and select it with your edit tool.  Sit down in the structure.  Then go to the Object tab and look at the three boxes on the left side where you can enter position information for X, Y, and Z. (NOT the X,Y, Z size numbers.  The ones above that.)  Your Z number is going to be something like 22 if you are on the ground.  So change it to your desired altitude ..... 1,000 or whatever ... and hit enter.  You and the skybox should be instantly transported to the new altitude.

Once you have anything at the new altitude, you can of course add to it with your building tools, so if you move even one prim up from ground level, you can use it as a platform to build on.  Just remember, though, to stay inside your parcel boundaries so you don't end up using your neighbor's prim allowance.  There are tools to help you find those boundaries at high altitude if you need to.

ETA: Incidentally, if you want temporary building platform at any altitude, Firestorm gives you a lovely option.  Just fly up to your desired spot and type "rezplat" in chat.  There's a brand new 20m round platform at your feet.

• Like 1

I don't have an answer; I just want to thank the OP for asking this question. I've been meaning to get a skybox for my land and was wondering the same thing.

And Rollig? Thank you, too. I've put that item in my favorites for when I need it.

If you can't fly at the height your platform is set to, get a flight assist.  There are many such...one popular one is called a "flight feather".  While wearing your assist, you can fly to any altitude.