How do i place a platform in the sky and how would I get there? Thank You!

Isabeau Firehawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can make a platform and position it in the sky through the edit, but how do I get up there?

Thank You!

GOT IT with my neighbors help!

1) build a platform set to nothing...no phantom, no physical, etc. and set its position at    64x  /   64y

That centers it in your land.

2) set its postion at say 1000.

3) it goes to that height.

4) build a simple block in the position where you built your platform and sit on  it.

5) set the blocks position in edit at 1001.

6) it brings you up to 1 meter above your platform.

7) stand... but don't go near the edges :)

8) if you do fall off,  just make another box at the same height.

9) remember to delete your boxes, no clutter :)

I'm sure this is written somewhere else, but couldn't find it.

My Neighbors directed me on how to do this! :)

If I made a mistake on the steps, i am sorry!

THANK YOU everyone!

I type slow and by the time I got doentyping, residents already had helped me.

THANKS again!

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

You can fly up there or if it''s too high you can "sit" on an object and edit it to the height of the platform. You can also try just sitting on the platform. To go back there, make sure to set the land so that you can teleport "anywhere" (it's an option in "About Land") and then create a landmark when you're up on the platform.

• Like 1

The best way is to build it on the ground and then lift it.  That way you can be sure that the entire thing is still within the bounds of your own parcel.  It's easiest if the skybox is a single linkset, and you don't have anything in it (like furniture).  Rez the structure on the ground and select it with your edit tool.  Sit down in the structure.  Then go to the Object tab and look at the three boxes on the left side where you can enter position information for X, Y, and Z. (NOT the X,Y, Z size numbers.  The ones above that.)  Your Z number is going to be something like 22 if you are on the ground.  So change it to your desired altitude ..... 1,000 or whatever ... and hit enter.  You and the skybox should be instantly transported to the new altitude.

Once you have anything at the new altitude, you can of course add to it with your building tools, so if you move even one prim up from ground level, you can use it as a platform to build on.  Just remember, though, to stay inside your parcel boundaries so you don't end up using your neighbor's prim allowance.  There are tools to help you find those boundaries at high altitude if you need to.

ETA: Incidentally, if you want temporary building platform at any altitude, Firestorm gives you a lovely option.  Just fly up to your desired spot and type "rezplat" in chat.  There's a brand new 20m round platform at your feet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.