increasing land holdings

gbh745

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

--Cinn

PS:  (1536/512) * 117

ETA:  Before my high school algebra teacher rolls over in his grave, I figured I should provide the proper formula for calculating prim count.  There are 15,000 prims allowed per sim.  A sim is 256m x 256 m or 65,536 sqm.  So with L = land size and P = prim count, the fomulas is a ratio    L / 65536 = P / 15000    Now cross multiple (that's to make my algebra teacher happy :) )   and you have  15000 * L=65536 * P    Solve for P by dividing both sides by 65536 and you have the formula    P = (15000 * L) / 65536

Mr. Monroe can rest easy now!

• Like 2

(117 / 512) x 1536 = 351  prims

And your land use fees will go up from $5.00/month to $15.00/month because you will be in the tier bracket between 1,024 and 2,048 sq m of land.  Depending on what you have to pay to buy the land (and any rental fees), it may be sensible to buy up to the top of your tier bracket, since your monthly fees to LL will be the same whether you have 1536 sq m of land or 2,048.   Remember, of course, that if you are a Premium member you can apply your 512 sq m "free tier" allowance to whatever land you have.

Also it is important to note that some lands have prim bonus allotments. Most are estate lands where the estate owner has set aside open space as buffer zones or as group parks etc. That gives each piece of land bonus prims (often 2 times as much but this varies). If you read the covenant it will tell you that there are bonus prims.

AND Homestead lands give you LESS (one fourth if I remember correctly) the number of prims per plot of land. You can always go into the About Land tab and look in OBJECTS tab and see how many prims the parcel can hold, "parcel land capacity".

There are a few mainland sims that have double prim lots, but most go with the 512 gives you 117 math:D. If you are going mainland then I agree that buying a plot as large as the top of the tier level makes sense (if it is available of course where you want to buy) since you will be paying that cost even if you don't use the prims.  If you are buying estate land, you can do a bit of math and see which is the best deal. Some estate land has a "down payment" or "lease fee" (same thing just different ways of looking at it). Some you buy for $1. You never actually own it of course, but these days mainland is almost free so making money on resale is pretty much a moot point.

Good luck shopping. I hope our answers helped.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.