New ideas about water sky and avatars in second life how things should be by default.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your obviously full of it lol your wrong about that only guys like slasher movies i am proof that girls do too and so do have very good plots and you keep saying about oh you could get banned you could get banned it is not possible anymore. get that through your head. and you say you only fight back if the sim allows it well do you think a griefer is gonna care weather the sim allows you to fight or not? i bet you get griefed a lot. lol let me guess your favorite music is Barbra Streisand?

i do'nt know nothing about sl huh? how do you think i know that ll use to do something about griefers back in the day and now they do'nt? if i d'nt know nothing about sl? i've only been in sl since january 28th, 2008. and yet this girl thinks i know nothing about sl lol honey do'nt you think that someone who has been in sl as long as that would know something by now?

After just about 6 1/2 years I believe I've experienced a fair number of griefing attacks.  I've never had ot "fight back" and I've "defeated" them every time.  Sit on a physical ojbject, start filing AR's (with snap shots) with as much information as I can find, mute, freeze, inject, ban  if on land I have those rights to (though sometimes I've just sat there watching them play until they poof.........that is kind of fun :) ).

But, I don't experience much griefing anymore.  I've learned the places where the children play and, since I have no interest in playing with children, I avoid those places.  You have a lot to learn, my friend..........you might shorten the learning curve if you would heed some advice given here.  But, I really don't think you want to avoid griefers.  You are a child yourself (as evidence by your posts) and, like most children, you'll have to learn the hard way.  When you get permabanned for being what you say you want to not be (a griefer) then maybe you'll remember some of what was told you here.  Good luck.

how could i be a kid when i'm 39 yearsold and how could i be a griefer if i'm attacking them after they did to me?

and you have a lot to learn i know what all you say is not true why your trying to fool these people is beyond me but hey that is up to you you do'nt fool me i know way better then you do and you'll see my advice to you is to head my advice. that fight back you think your better off now see how much better your sl can be if you fight back.

it depends on what kind of "greifing" and what you mean by defending yourself 

if you're stalking and harrassing people on an ongoing basis then linden ban

if you make a habit of dumping stuff that lags/crashes the sim or other people's viewers then you can expect a linden ban. so will a scripted auto-wep dumped to attack or harrass other people

if you rez a lolcube spawner or shooter at a sandbox you wont get a linden ban the first time. chit happens sometimes. keep doing it though and holiday time for sure

if you're bitch slapping someone (verbals or physicals) and they you, and it doesnt affect the sim or interfere with other people enjoying their SL then you will get a pass. in a twoup then can always teleport away or block

if you're talking about brash kicking, shooting or dropping a one-time scripted object on some random driveby shooter who is harrassing you then you will get a pass. unless you have a history of responding in this way to just about anything. is a line between reaction to provocation and pretence to provocation. keep pretending and linden will give you a holiday

+

a continuous day system for mainland continents is a good idea. it can be quite disconnecting on mainland to go from midday to midnight when you cross a sim border

DYNASTY Clip wrote:

First off lets talk about avatars. I think That sl should make it So That by default Your avatar can bleed. That could be a lot of fun on damage enabled Sims. That Your a v would also be able to heal like in RL by default. Your a v could get hacked to peaces on damage enabled Sims   then get sent home and be all back in one peace again. So That is one interesting idea another is about the sky in RL if you fly to high you'll eventually hit outer space. I think  by default sl should make it That way too and have all the properties of space as well once you get there like you float and all That good stuff and lets talk about the water in RL when you fall in water there is a splash and you will auto maticaly float and you can swim  and when you get out of the water Your hair is wet Your whole body and clothes are soacked So I think by default sl should make the water That way. I know some like to build in the water but you could have an option So people can turn the default water option off if they want like with typing . I don't know if this is the right place to be posting these ideas here but I hope sl will take them into consideration

Maybe you can learn to code and do those things yourself - you have a very good and vivid imagination.  I bet you would come up with some great entertainment.

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

np I'm just chalking it up to another glitch I'm getting along with the inability to teleport or cross sims without crashing

Ugg, that really happens to you? There may be some serious issues with your connection or something. I applaud you for stickin with it, I am constantly teleporting to and fro, if I crashed each time I would have been fed up a long time ago! :P

DYNASTY Clip wrote:

ok then walk me through a tutorial on how to set the day cycle i did not even see a setting that you could make it move

In a Viewer 3 based viewer go to World > Environment Editor > Environment Settings > Customize my environment > Day Cycle

From the drop down menu, choose a predefined day cycle and click ok

You can also make your own day cycles by going to World > Environment Editor > Day Presets and choose New Preset or Edit Preset.

You will see a bunch of stuff you can change, when you are satisfied with your changes, give it a unique name and press save. That new day preset will now be available in the list of presets from the step above.

Note: if you want that day cycle to take place immediately, before closing that window, check the box that says Make this my new day cycle.

That's it!  

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

np I'm just chalking it up to another glitch I'm getting along with the inability to teleport or cross sims without crashing

Ugg, that really happens to you? There may be  some serious issues with your connection or something. I applaud you for stickin with it, I am constantly teleporting to and fro, if I crashed each time I would have been fed up a long time ago!
:P

don't believe it's my connection as I've tried it at multiple locations with multiple routters, DSL, and Cable internet on multiple computers, and it's the same, I've also seen error tickets from a lot of people stating pretty much the same thing, think it'sa a viewer issue, I've had ti before and it got fixed in a viewer update, only to return in yet another viewer update, yeah it's annoying but I work through it

and a little fyi no i do'nt grief but we do have more griefers in sl then ever before why? cause the list you just said ll dose not back anymore they do nothing now they let thing up to us like that to handle yes back in the day what you say is true but it's not that way anymore. i have been here in sl long enuogh to know that.

16 wrote:

have you tried turning off http?  menu: Develop \ Http Textures & Http Inventory

i have crappy adsl connection. when it plays up then i turn http off. goes a bit slower but it hardly ever crashes or teleport fail that way

I gave that a shot and it still crashes

here is a similar jira report I was mentioning earlier 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.