New ideas about water sky and avatars in second life how things should be by default.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

16 wrote:

have you tried turning off http?  menu: Develop \ Http Textures & Http Inventory

i have crappy adsl connection. when it plays up then i turn http off. goes a bit slower but it hardly ever crashes or teleport fail that way

I gave that a shot and it still crashes

is a similar jira report I was mentioning earlier 

That's from 2007 on Viewer 1.18

When I use Viewer 3.2.8, I never crash when teleporting and I can usually cross sims without issue.

On V3, I used to crash often, like 2 or 3 times a day, since I switched to Exodus, I have crashed once or twice in maybe 3 months. 

That's why I thought it might be your connection and not the viewer, because for me, on the same viewer, I am not having those problems that you are.

Then again, it may be my system, I don't know.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

16 wrote:

have you tried turning off http?  menu: Develop \ Http Textures & Http Inventory

i have crappy adsl connection. when it plays up then i turn http off. goes a bit slower but it hardly ever crashes or teleport fail that way

When I use Viewer 3.2.8, I never crash when teleporting and I can 
usually
 cross sims without issue.

On V3, I used to crash often, like 2 or 3 times a day, since I switched to Exodus, I have crashed once or twice in maybe 3 months. 

That's why I thought it might be your connection and not the viewer, because for me, on the same viewer, I am not having those problems that you are.

yes I know it's an older report but I'm saying the issues are the exact same

and as I said it can't be my connection, as it does it with different connections, my house,my neighbors house, the coffee shop down the street, the internet cafe across town, my family's house in another state, the chances that all those have the exact same connection problem?

btw I've also got the same problem on Viewer 3.2.8, Phoenix, and Exodus

I've also got the same problem using my computer, my neighbor's computer, and various family member's computers

DYNASTY Clip wrote:

i have emergrance third party viewer

Ah, well then perhaps you may want to present your ideas to the Emergence Viewer developers. I have never used that one so I have no ideas how day cycles work in there or if they are even supported.

Looks like the guy you are looking for is LordGregGreg Back

http://code.google.com/p/emergence-viewer/

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

16 wrote:

When I use Viewer 3.2.8, I never crash when teleporting and I can 
usually
 cross sims without issue.

yes I know it's an older report but I'm saying the issues are the exact same

and as I said it can't be my connection, as it does it with different connections, my house,my neighbors house, the coffee shop down the street, the internet cafe across town, my family's house in another state, the chances that all those have the exact same connection problem?

btw I've also got the same problem on Viewer 3.2.8, Phoenix, and Exodus

I've also got the same problem using my computer, my neighbor's computer, and various family member's computers

Oh, ok, hope you are able to find a solution.

sounds like one of those rare situations where the account is like total borked in the database somewheres somehow. broken links or something. can only file a ticket and hope. i think was on sluniverse i read about someone who had that happen to their account quite recently. as i remember i think they end up getting their account back eventually but it keep glitching for quite a while afterwards. dont know if it ever got resolved

DYNASTY Clip wrote:

and a little fyi no i do'nt grief but we do have more griefers in sl then ever before why?

thats actual not true

+

was heaps more greifing in Havok1 days than ever since. was a whole industry back then even. heaps of people got their war stories about them days. people quite happy today not have to get tooled up just to go to the shops to buy shoes. haven't seen anyone wearing a shield or movelock for ages, which was pretty standard wear for just about everyone travelling the mainland in them days, with or without a blitz or orbit gun or three

+

might be tho that you are repsonding more to other people causing drama than when you first started. can seem like the whole place is full of greifers when you end up in this situation

I used to have fun with griefers.  Actually most people in SL back then had fun with the griefers.  No one got all bent out of shape when some idiot dropped the flying **bleep**' on us or when some moron would lob fire bombs at us when we were all doing our crazy stuff at some club.  We knew how to deal with the attack and did it......making fun of the griefers all the time.  Sure it interrupted our little party for a few minutes but no one got so mad or upset that they went into some rampage and pulled out their weapons or donned their Mysti-shields.  We AR'd the jokers and within a few minutes everything was back to normal and we had many more laughs about the little episode.......and back to the serious stuff with all the dancing, requesting songs from the DJ or playing jokes on each other (some of which might have been properly defined at "griefing" each other).  Perhaps thats why I have such a hard time understanding what the constant fuss is all about with griefing.....it happens and when it happens you deal with it and move on.  Certainly, you don't let some moron spoil your fun (unless you want it to spoil your fun.......which I think is what a lot of people these days do.  Be a victim......that's the feeling I get from a lot of people today).

Even when griefers used to take the grid down with self replicating prims..........we had fun.  We'd come to the forums and cut up telling stories about how the attack took the grid down just at the moment of "climax" in that oh so anticipated encounter with Mr/Ms Hot Bod.  And when the grid came back up (sometimes a few minutes but sometimes hours later) we wouild all go back to the party.  Nothing got in the way of our fun.  Griefers were nothing but an inconvenience at most.

Your rampage is this obsession with griefers and the need to "fight back".  That, in itself, is a form of griefing.  Let's use a real life situation everyone who lives in the city I live in (real life).  There's a huge gang problem here.  People get shot, wounded, beat up, robbed, harrrassed daily.  So lets all "fight back"..........we'll have fire fights in our streets because it takes too long for the police to arrive (a drive by is over in seconds.......longer than it takes to call 911).  Sure some gangbangers get their due.........but what have you accomplished?  A war is what.  That's why LL will treat you (even if you are "defending yourself") the exact same way they treat griefers.  File your AR's and move on.  Don't let the griefers win by participating in exactly what they want..........a freaking war.  They will win.........they are better equiped than you and will defeat you on your ignorance.

for 1 that is not the same thing. you do'nt get hurt in sl for one thing and no i'm not obsessed with griefers. if you have griefer problems and you tell soneone about it dose that make you obsesed? you get attacked a few time by the same griefer you reported and see if you still do'nt want to fight back. look at it this way about your poor example. so you call 911 and the cops never show up? then what?

you say they are better equipped then me? how do you know that do you know me? or know what i have. and how do you know they always win that is bull. i just fight a greifer recently and gues what i one i can now go back to the place where they were and build with out worry about it why? cause i did'nt waite for ll to do anything as i have done lots of time. and what makes you think ll cares about it anymore did they tell you so?

the main problem with the existing linden damage system is that can easy make stuff that is 100% kill. is kinda a waste of time to go on an arena where thats possible. specially when can make stuff that can auto-kill a specific avatar on detection. is why most of the combat arenas dont use the linden damage system and script their own

the new linden teleport function and portal guns that we will be able to make with the new realms tools will be way better. and yes the people who make these will also make animations to go with them. will be quite cool altogether i think  

• 3 months later...

btw i just wanted to let you all know all of you who thuoght fighting with greifers was not a good idea...

guess what youwere wrong... you know why? cause you said that fighting with greifers would accomplish nothing. but guess what? i can now say that it dose accoplish something i not to long ago when to a sand box that use to be full of greifers everyday. but since i fought with them that sand box is now finilly free of greifers no new greifers and non of the old ones that i fuoght with came back. pluse this persion was tring to cause me truoble a long time ago i fought with them and got them suspened from sl for 3 months they lost their land and bussiness. and not too long ago i fought with someone a  Mistress who was giving me truoble guess what i gained some slaves of hers and ran her off her property she never came back to her property or bussiness so she will lose that. and i did all this with out sending an abuse report.. so again try to tell me how fighting with greifers or anyone that bothers you. dose not pay.. or dose nothing cause as you can see it dose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.