if i want to sell items of no use on sl how do i reselll the items for Lindens?

MzDior

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Have a little care for the person who created those items and is probably still selling them.  You may be accused of copybotting the items and cheating the creator out of sales.  There have been some robust discussions about that topic in the forums over the years ( See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Resell-items-you-ve-bought/m-p/813307#M4705 , for example)  When I see resale items, it's usually at yard sales when groups are trying to raise cash for tier.  That seems more benign than personal sales, I suppose.

• Like 1

Yes. I suspect that reselling in Marketplace is actively discouraged, if not outlawed. There used to be a "used items" section in the old SLExchange when I was a newbie, but it has been years since it vanished. Reselling in world, however, is still legal as far as I can tell.

You can resell items that you have purchased and are no longer of use to you. Use the "Used" area of the Marketplace.  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=238

Each avatar automatically has a marketplace account unless that has changed. There is a process, but it is doable. You can also sell at "garage sale" type events but the Marketplace is easier. Presumably you would have only ONE copy of each item to sell. If you are stealing (no accusation intended) then this is not the way to go.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I found it interesting that the information in the Link, clarifies and specifies that purpose of MP is to sell item for use in SL. When the OP said "of no use in SL" I thought that they meant non-SL products.

I'm not sure if Residents are allowed to qoute from the page, or, only Link to it. That's why I linked to it.

I'm in an explaining mood, I think. Ask me anything; except for that thing we agreed we wouldn't talk about.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.