Confused by Marketplace maintenance announcement

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At 09:30 PST (sic) the Marketplace will close for an hour for maintenance. We're pointed at the release notes for the Beta.

As near as I can make out, this means that the code for direct delivery will be in the version running after the maintenance, but it will not yet be active on the Main Grid.

I'm assuming a typo for the time, the outage will start 16:30 UTC, and it might not do anything we can see on the Main Grid. But, worryingly, there's no mention of the other half of Direct Delivery, the new "received" folder which threatens to grab everything sent to us from whatever source, not just from the Marketplace.

If you thought the Objects folder was bad, that bit looks far worse.

Direct Delivery (DD) and Received Items (RI) Folder are delayed. Some of the infrastructure changes needed for DD and RI had made it through QA to the Release Channels.

Part of the change was a nerfing of the LSL function llGiveInventoryList(). To get everything to go into the Received items folder the function has to disregard an option in the function that specifies which folder a list of items goes to. The change in behavior breaks a large number of RLV (Retrained Love Viewer) features. Since many people make and sell products based on those features, which are in most TPV's and can be added to SL Viewers, the change would break all those products.

While the Lab is aware of RLV they were not fully into how it works and what people are doing with those features. They benefit the BDSM segment of SL, which is pretty good sized. Once the scope of the problem was realized the Lab rolled back the change. Now they have to figure out how to affect the changes without breaking the world.

Apparently today's release was just to disable all my boxes.

Providing DD to replace them won't be until the 21st.

Thank God.

I might have preferred the reverse order of these events, but LL's choice to deploy only one set of massively dysfunctional code rather than 2 at the same time is a bit of an improvement over previous behavior, so I guess I shouldn't be too choosy. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.