Could be Awesome advertisement for SL

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see where you're coming from Jo, but the advert only makes me despair that people are living far too much in their gadgets than in real life. I mean, I sit on a bus, and 50% of the people on it, will be nose down into an iphone, ipad, kindle, some other gadget. Meanwhile, outside the window there are people to look at, an ever-changing town, flowers coming through the ground because it's spring time, a cat in a window. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, yes, that could have been an advert for Second Life, but, and I mean big billy BUT here, not even Sony can make anything as exciting as real life, and they ought to be sued under the Trade Descriptions Act for that advert really.

I never even looked at it that way, I don't have any mobile gadgets, I don't know what this thing is the advertisement is for and didn't know it was a mobile gadget.

To me this is not a great advertisement for portable gadgets but a great advertisement for gaming.

I love the idea of showing people how you could have experiences like this with SL.

There I am in my living room and suddenly I am walking trough 1920s Berlin, here I am in my bedroom and suddenly I am dancing in a night club, etc.

Oh yes, I can see where you're coming from.

I like the break out idea, you know someone in a tiny apartment somewhere in a busy smelly noisy city.... entering Second Life and then meeting a friend who also lives in a small apartment somewhere and they both have a nice walk over the fields of some virtual paradise.

Here is another one, this IS a commercial for Second Life, it just doesn't know it yet ;)

Mind you, it is more a commercial for SL in a few decades...

Yes and anything that shows outsiders that SL is not just about virtual hanky panky and shopping.

Show people the real deal with SL; it is what YOU want it to be.

I think it would be good for SL to spend a pile of money on making an awesome video like these, something that will go viral, youtube hits, etc.

Easier said then done of course, also expensive but it could be worth it.

So many people are surprised to hear SL is still around and if they hear it is they think it is a nasty and shallow place.

Remind people of what it is, even better, show them what it can be.

A big campaign can bring SL a whole lot of new people but also people who tried before and want to come back to see how it changed, what is possible now and that it might be worth to explore beyond the starters areas after all....

How about the two women who were texting during the standing ovation for Glen Campbell, at the Grammys?

How much of a text addict does someone have to be, to sit there completely bored and pickle faced during the Grammys? And what's so urgent it couldn't wait til the commercials?

Yeah, as I sit here at my computer listening to itunes and about to log in to a virtual world, I have to agree that people live way too much in their technology today!

Jo Yardley wrote:

I like the break out idea, you know someone in a tiny apartment somewhere in a busy smelly noisy city.... entering Second Life and then meeting a friend who also lives in a small apartment somewhere and they both have a nice walk over the fields of some virtual paradise.

You just described my Second Life. But, as a chihuahua, I now also poop in some of those gardens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.