part of my inventory is lost

Honeykiss Twine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

good afternoon!

i came on just about 30 mins ago, to find im missing about 2000 items from my invent.. it almost seems asif they have been picked out: some of my most expensive items are gone.. my whole XCite folder is empty, some of my most expensive clothing is gone..

Is it possible someone else enters my account and is able to do that??

Or can you help me find my stuff back, pls.. i am really bummed out by it..

Thanks,

Honeykiss Twine

5 answers to this question

The most probable explanation is that the local cached copy of your inventory -- the copy on your own computer -- is borked or is just out of sync with the real version that is stored on LL's asset servers.  Try clearing the cache and rebuilding it.  I suggest doing this manually from outside SL.  Instructions are here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_cache_clear  . They are written for Firestorm users, but will work for any viewer.

It's also possible, of course, that some items may have been removed from your inventory by Linden Lab in response to a DCMA filing against whoever sold them to you.  As required by federal law, LL must remove any items that have been reported as illegally copied.  See http://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php 

The Xcite stuff will not have been removed by a DCMA. You are most likely suffering from Apparently Lost Inventory, not REAL loss. So, it can be fixed. The Phoenix steps for recovering inventory work. If you want more information read: Lost Inventory and Missing Inventory Fix – Help

In the past lost inventory was a common problem. It is very rare to actually lose things now. If the recovery steps do not work, file a trouble ticket with the Lab.

If you feel you have really lost inventory, do not depend on the Lab to recover your stuff. Immediately look in your account Dashboard, via the link in the viewer or this web URL. In your Account look for Transaction History. Go through your history and find where you purchased the items lost. You can use the transaction ID and contact information to contact those you purchased items from to ask for new copies of the items.

Merchants are having a hard time. The merchandise delivery system is being rebuilt and the current system has problems. Many purchased items are not being delivered. So, merchants are busy cleaning up messes not made by them. Make it as easy for them as possible to identify you, the transaction, and the items you need copies of. It is also a good idea to look in the profile of the merchant to see how they prefer to be contacted. When people are busy their IM's tend to cap and IM's coming after the cap is hit get lost. Note cards, emails, and web sites are used by various merchants for customer care. Merchants will tell you in their profile.

Many merchants have REDELIVERY stations in world. Xcite is one such. Walk in the store and to your right as you walk in is customer service. It's amazing how many people lose their parts...

• Like 1

Comments

2012-04-18 13:43:06

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for contacting us at Linden Lab Support. I'm sorry to hear you're having object issues. If this is regarding an object of yours that is on land you no longer own and the owner refuses to return it please submit an abuse report. If this is regarding an object that was returned but is missing from your inventory please see the following: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Loss

If this did not resolve the problem please respond back with additional details on your issue, as I am not clear if you are talking about an object that is currently there in-world or has been returned.

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-21 03:39:48

Me

the owner of the land is linden labs so as the you can see this 100 dollars of intan can cause your simple abbility to back up inventory. it was taken in to my inventory where you all lost it durring you back up thank you. please be so kind as to look in to your back up. cloud keeps three at all times.

2012-04-21 04:20:39

Me

The name of the Item is Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan . this should be very easy for you all to find. I am sure it is in your back up.

2012-04-21 10:23:39

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for responding to this support case ticket. I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. I am still not completely clear if you are referring to an item that is rezzed in world that you cannot get to or an item that is missing after being returned to your inventory from you abandoning a piece of land. Can you please respond back with further clarification on this matter?

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-23 09:32:31

Me

Dean I when abandoning the land the intan was not returned to my inventory. there is some other minor objects also.

the object named Drakeo's Heart Dance intan was not returned to my inventory. I have searched everywhere piece by piece over 8000 pieces of inventory.

2012-04-24 10:48:24

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for responding to this support case ticket. I'm sorry to hear you're still having lost inventory issues. The only thing you may do for this sort of issue is follow the steps here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Loss

If this does not allow you to find your lost items I apologize but the items in question may indeed be lost as there is no such thing as an "inventory restore" tool. For technical reasons it is not possible to restore inventory that has been lost or deleted.

If you have any other questions regarding this please don't hesitate to respond. For all other unrelated issues feel free to send in a new case.

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-25 07:26:14

Me

dear Scout I Understand the vewier and the system I currently develope on two viewers be so kind ans to find the intan and have it put back in my inventory,

Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan

it has 66 dances animations in it.

2012-04-25 09:36:07

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for responding to this support case ticket. I apologize but we may not perform the action you are asking of us, as it is not possible for us to restore items that have been deleted or are actually lost. I sincerely apologize for your loss.

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-25 09:53:57

Me

Loss of my data is big deal you are paid to house it and back it up I will

I will have my lawyer contact you be well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.