Why do the password pages 404 when I try to reset my password?

JohnathanLuke Larkham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to get HELP on this for the past week, but I swear to the skies above nobody in Linden Labs is reading my bloody e-mails and keep sending me these generic responses.  

Edit: I have tried filing a ticket.  They don't address the issue.

I am using the URLs provided on the site in Chrome. Will try IE.

Edit 2:  Just tried in IE, filled out the password change form from the dashboard, got the 404 it's buggy page.  Filing new ticket.

LISTEN TO ME:

Your password pages are 404ing when I try to reset my password.

Anybody else having this problem?  Please say so here.

3 answers to this question

There are no Lindens here. This is a Resident-to-Resident answer site.  However, I have not seen any other reports from people having trouble with that site. I have just tried it myself, and it works fine.  A 404 error may occur because the site is temporary unavailable, but it is also commonly returned when the user has mistyped the site's address or when the browser has transmitted it incorrectly.  Check the spelling and punctuation for the URL you are using and, if it is correct but you still can't get in, try using another browser.

I was having this issue while using IE9, and I have this issue intermittently.  On "aaargh!" days like those, I access this site using Mozilla Firefox.

LL aren't going to address an issue that isn't down to them, it's down to how we use our computers/software.

Go and kick a few pillow across the room, and then try another browser. (Works for me anyway)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.