Second Life Marketing

PudgyPaddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In my opinion poor marketing kills great content.  LL provides an outstanding platform for resident created content.  I think the content created is more outstanding than the platform.  Does LL market their platform in a way that the creators and residents will best benefit?  Has marketing strategies worked as well as most residents would like?  Your opinions.  Rate LL marketing. 

I'm not sure about that questions as they really don't market for us at all, though they do provide some tools to do this.

The problem with much of this is that their search engine, though greatly improved over the past 6 years, is still pretty bad.

So, they push us into the MP so we can spend more money there to do enhanced listing that rarely do much for anyone other than fashion designers.

In short, there own marketing is very lacking and over the past few years, they do very little to promote growth of new residents.  However, I see the only role of SL in this platform is to provide us with a stable platform and the tools we need to promote our business. Neither of which have been done to most residents satisfaction.

From there it is up to us.  I look at LL as our government and with all governments, the less they interfere with our lives the better.

LL barely markets SL at all, from what I see. It's not like you see ads for it much, or even at all, anywhere. I think I heard they have an ad that pops up in Facebook sometimes, but I don't use Facebook so I really don't know. I heard about SL through an article I read in a tech magazine many years ago. I really can't recall any ads I've seen for SL, and the lack of marketing from LL is something many in-world creators have been upset about for years.

I would like to see some of the content creators chime in on this one.  From what I have observed, LL is trying to draw people in from other places -- mostly social media platforms like FB.   There used to be more (relatively speaking) when I was a n00b nearly 5 years ago.  That year, 2007, saw a huge increase in residents due to some good press.  Since when have we seen similar numbers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.