If i become a dancer on secondlife how much lindens can i make?

redfox12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

It varies a lot, depending on the club you work at, your avatar's appearance, and your chat emoting skills.

The best dancers never use cut-and-paste emotes, but write everything out as it happens, tailored for each customer.  If you're good at flirting, you can be a successful SL dancer.

Try working at several clubs and narrow it down to the club where you do the best business.  I would say you can expect to make $L200-500 if you are reasonably skilled.  On a very good night, you might break $L1,000.

• Like 1

It depends entirely on how much fun you can make flirting with total strangers and how you deflect uncomfortable or suggestive chat.  Lindal's answer is spot on about how you chat with your "clients".  It can be a lot of fun but it can get intense too........it's how you handle those intense moments that will make or break your "career". 

I was a dancer for a couple years (maybe a little longer......I never kept track really).  I feel I did pretty well with getting tips.  I often walked away with $L1000 after an evening of dancing on some pole and chit chatting with anyone who wanted to chat.  I did have a few evenings where I exceeded that $L1000 in tips but many more where I only get 2 and 3 digits for tips.  I was never into dancing for the lindens.  I did it for fun and meeting people........I was extremely successful at that.  Some dancers claim they made much more than I did but I'm not sure about that (not on a consistant basis anyway..........I could say I earned $L10,000 a night because I did on a couple occasions).  It's an attitude when you dance and if that attitude is what your clients want then you'll do quite well.  Just don't get too serious about the money........get serious about the fun instead.

Peggy's got it right. (Gee, Peggy!  I never knew you danced.  I did too, for a year or more.)  A few hundred L$ a night is pretty average, although a few surprising nights can earn a lot more.  It's hard work, though, and you need to have a thick skin. You have to be on your game all the time, paying close attention to what is going on and multitasking like crazy.  All you have to do is forget to thank someone for a tip, or say something that rubs a person the wrong way, and it can take a long time to recover.  And yes, no cookie cutter emotes, either.  You have to be quick, imaginative, and sensitive.  I had fun while I did it, but I'd never go back.

I thought everyone was a dancer at one time or another if they have been in SL for longer than a few months. :)

Yeah, I danced. Some pretty sleazy clubs too. But mostly at a club that a friend of mine started. He had some fantasy of making his millions in SL with a club. The club did alright as far as clubs go and I really feel great that I actually helped that to happen for him. But he got involved with someone in SL that went to RL and they got married (yeah they really did and in real life too). He found other interests in SL........kick fighting of all things LOL. I was ready to quit dancing anyway by that time. :)

Hello redfox and welcome to SL Forums. There is no a specific answer for your question. A dancer is possible to work for hours without tips and another day or under different conditions to make thousands in short time. It depends of:

• Your avatar. Is it attactive and beautiful?
  • The club you dance. What about the traffic there?
  • How long you dance. Many old dances have their own fans who follow them everywhere.
  • Do you know to "emote" making the visitor to tip you? What more you offer instead of other girls? Why someone would choose you and no another girl to spend some time with?
  • How many other dances are there? Less dancers, more possibilities to get more tips.
  • You open voice? If yes, you will get better tips.

General suggestions:

1. Dance always at the same place. It helps visitors to know you and come back to you.
  2. Never try to im a guest when you see that he has already approached or chat with another girl.
  3. Always say something more than a "Thanks" when you get a tip. We say thank you when someone ask us "How are you"? .... I am fine, thanks! (even for a small tip)
  4. Always be in a good mood when you dance and "rumor" that you dance at first for fun (of course some tips are always welcome).
  5. Always empty your tipjar when your guest leaves. It is easier to get a tip with an empty tipjar, than when your tipjar is full. (but never if you have a second one there)
  6. You never know who is the good tipper, neighter when someone is coming there to tip or no, even he/she is 1 day old. (same attitude with all guests)
  7. Avoid places where owners "force" you to rent an adboard in order to get the job, saying that it will be good for you and your business. (it is a good way to cover a part of their costs)
  8. Avoid places (clubs) where commissions or over than 20%. Maybe is better to start at a freelance place where you keep the 100% of the tips.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.