PLEASE HELP!!!

Sorsha36

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just recently started renting a 1/2 parcel the other day. I know nothing about controlling my land, sharing it with my group, opening permissions, setting it up for dcs..Etc etc

I am a true beginner in land owner/rentership. The parcel owners that I am renting from speak French & the translator only helps a little. Can anyone help me get started? Please Please Please...

I will be inworld by 7pm SLT tonight. I would desperately love to meet with someone who could walk me through the steps.

My name is Sorsha36 Resident. Please HELP!

Desperate in SL

You should have purchased the land, as well as "renting" it. I.e., you're paying tier on the land to the parcel owners, but dis you right click the land and choose "buy?" This will give you the right to change the permissions on the land, such as making it combat enabled, changing the permissions, etc. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of the landowners to change these things. Check to make sure what you want to do with the land, such as making it combat enabled and using DCS, is allowed by the landowners. To enable land for DCS, you should check with the DCS team. For the rest of "controlling your land," open the "about land" tab (easily done by either right-clicking the land itself while standing on or near it, or clicking the name of land at the top of the screen while standing on it), and fiddle around with the check boxes. Just reading what each does should tell you most of what you need to know. If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask here.

Here is a good article about owning land:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Beginning-landowner-FAQ/ta-p/700035

For renting, try Googling 'renting vs. owning land in second life' .

I typically buy / own, because land has gotten so cheap.  I have rented furnished skyboxes in the past. 

There is a surplus of real estate in both the ownership and rental market in Second Life.  So, if there is anything at all difficult about your rental, I'd advise to cut your losses and move on.

• Like 1

Sorsha36 wrote:

I just recently started renting a 1/2 parcel the other day. I know nothing about controlling my land, sharing it with my group, opening permissions, setting it up for dcs..Etc etc

I am a true beginner in land owner/rentership. The parcel owners that I am renting from speak French & the translator only helps a little. Can anyone help me get started? Please Please Please...

I will be inworld by 7pm SLT tonight. I would desperately love to meet with someone who could walk me through the steps.

My name is Sorsha36 Resident. Please HELP!

Desperate in SL

Hello ;)

read this , it tells you how to do stuff with your land :)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-land/ta-p/700113

• 1 month later...

Sorsha - I don't remember where I got this item myself offhand. But if you visit my land you will find a free translator that you can rez on your land. You can take a copy of the one I have for free, by clicking it and put one on your land. That will translate anything in local chat.

You can also get a free translator HUD to wear in world at SIMbolic. And some other places like NCI have another brand that does the same thing. They use google translator or babelfish.

There will probably be times when you can't get here to the forum in time or get an answer in time when you talk to your landlords.

And of course you can also type BABELFISH in google and you will find a free website to translate text you can copy and paste there. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.