Eyebrows 'missing' / super unnoticeable >.<

Maia007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! I need some help with this lil problem please :smileyembarrassed:

I have used just one skin (the one am wearing in my profile photo here in the forum), which I adored so much eversince I bought it but after months of getting stuck with it (it's unmodifiable :( ) I finally tried another one that I really like now since I can modify it whichever look I like. Problem is, I just realized that she's got no eyebrows. I tried using the pre-loaded eyebrows in my inventory but they don't show on my avatar. I can see a very very very faint line on my avatar (almost like a smudged shadow) where the brows should be but that's just about it. This faint line's super unnoticeable that I literally have to move my face closer to my computer screen in the hopes of seeing those those brows, which I have with my other skin, but they won't show themselves 'in color'. I wanted to use this new skin so bad now that's why I'm getting a little desperate finding a solution to this problem.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks :)

We all get used to how we look, so when we make any changes, it can be really quite difficult to adjust. 

Edited.  Looks like you may have to go eyebrow shopping. If you upload a photo of what your avatar looks like now, browless, you'll get some great suggestions from people who are much better than I at modifying avatar appearance.

There needs to be an easier way to find a sub-category on Marketplace - I just looked for eyebrows too and got skins, shapes, and just about everything else!!

But when I think about it, when I purchased my Rockberry skin, the brows I chose were actually part of the main skin, and in the pack were different shades of brow. Because I'm a redhead, I go for paler brows, which look more natural than dark brows with pale skin.

LOGO skins too, on my alt avatar, can be custom made, but I think the brows are already part of the skin.

Yes, same here :P The eyebrows in the Marketplace pretty much got lost too. haha! I found a few and I'm trying on demos now and they look great on my avatar. Then came another problem: these are tattoo brows :( which means I can't wear makeup when I have these brows on xD lol! 

Oh I got it! I found the eyebrows in my inventory, they are tats too that's why they 'disappeared' when I put makeup on :P Argh! My former skin has eyebrows because it's already a part of the skin that can't be modified. Awww... ok ok I really still have a lot to discover and learn in SL :) hihi... thanks Marigold for the replies :)

Which viewer do you use? If you're using a V1-based viewer, like Phoenix, you can only have one of each layer type attached at a given time. BUT, if you use the official V3 or a viewer like Firestorm that's based on that kind of code, you can have up to 5 of each layer type attached simultaneously, so you can wear you makeup and your eyebrows at the same time. It might be worth an upgrade, depending on your computer's ability to run the newer viewers.

Marigold Devin wrote:

You're welcome, Maia, and it's good to hear how you're progressing.  Ariel made a great point that I'd forgotten about - that the newer viewers have much more to offer regarding layers.

We're all learning and discovering new things. :matte-motes-grin:

Speaking of learning new things...

Another thing I think I understand about the layers is that they are 'added' in the order you put them on.  If you are allowed 5 layers, the first layer you 'add' is on the bottom.  The second layer is on top of that.  Is it possible to add your makeup first and the eyebrow layer second?  Maybe that would make them show.  I looked for the thread that I read this in, but for the life of me can't find it anymore.  It is always possible that I misunderstood what was being explained in that thread...

Hi Ariel :)

I use Firestorm most of the time and sometimes V3 when I want to edit my FEED or post new pictures without having to pay for the uploads. This viewer won't allow me to wear the makeup and brows at the same time since they use the same file format for the tat :( (the file with the puzzle piece like icon) I wish these items have various file types to choose from like some tattooes. sigh.

Thank you for the reply :)

Hello Cinnamon (and my bedroom smells of you and apples for weeks now ^__^ hihi )

yes we can have layers of stuff on our avatar but I don't think it's possible to have more than one of that file type (the one used for the tattoo-- the red, map-shaped or puzzle-shaped icon) coz when I put on one item with that kind of file type then try to attach another, it automatically removes the first one that I placed :( so unless I find eyebrows that have different file types to choose from, then maybe that's the only time I can wear makeup for my avatar again. :matte-motes-crying:

Thanks for posting! :)

OH WOW wait a minute! I got it.. really really this time :P haha! there's an option to ADD, which I didn't notice before (coz all along I only see the REPLACE option when I right click on attachments. I tried it now and voila! I got the eyebrows and makeup on! YaaaaY! 

Thank you all for the comments! :matte-motes-inlove:

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

You're welcome, Maia, and it's good to hear how you're progressing.  Ariel made a great point that I'd forgotten about - that the newer viewers have much more to offer regarding layers.

We're all learning and discovering new things. :matte-motes-grin:

Speaking of learning new things...

Another thing
I think
I understand about the layers is that they are 'added' in the order you put them on.  If you are allowed 5 layers, the first layer you 'add' is on the bottom.  The second layer is on top of that.  Is it possible to add your makeup first and the eyebrow layer second?  Maybe that would make them show.  I looked for the thread that I read this in, but for the life of me can't find it anymore.  It is always possible that I misunderstood what was being explained in that thread...

"Add", yes, I read that also somewhere, and that does make perfect sense, in a real-life logic kind of a way. Foundation before eyeshadow, before lipstick.

I just like to wash my hair and go :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

But I know that one day very soon I will have to shift up from Phoenix and use one of these viewers with all the extras, so this is all good information to have now and store.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.