Market Place (xstreet)

Brokenfangs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Brokenfangs and welcome to SL Forums. There is no something this moment at http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ Be patient. You have to wait up to 24 hours, although usually you get your purchases after some minutes or seconds. That's what LL officially reports. If this time expires and you don't get your stuff, you have 2 options. Analytically:

1. Contact the merchant: Open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> If you see that your last purchase delivered means that the merchant got payed --> Take a copy of your last purchase (there you see the name of the merchant)--> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant describing what was happened and asking politely for redelivery.
  2. Contact support: If you don't get a reply by the merchant you can submit a a ticket --> Marketplace category --> Failed Marketplace Delivery. Explain analytically what was happened, include the order number and the name of the item that failed to be delivered and wait for a reply.

I agree.  It IS a disaster every single day.  I resorted to shopping on xstreet as a convenience.  However, since LL switched to the *new* system of Marketplace, it's not only turned into this waiting game, delivery fails more often as well.  The previous system wasn't broke.  Deliveries were instantaneous... so I don't know WHY they needed to *fix* it.  Every new *upgrade* LL makes only confuses the hell out of the residents and makes the game less desireable to play.

Dillon Winsmore wrote:

I'm really getting tired of wiating for stuff to why not add a botton that cancles your order so we get money back faster instead wiating 8hours so could go to store an buy it really miss old slex never once had a problem an
i hate going inworld stores..

This is not the 1st time I've heard someone say this exact thing.  I just do NOT understand this thinking.  At inworld stores, you receive your items at once (no waiting) and no "failed deliveries."  Use the Marketplace as a search tool ONLY.  Then go to the merchants inworld store and purchase there.  Problem solved!  You might even be surprised at all the cool stuff you find in your travels!

Well, Marcus, it's like this:

Sometimes despite the wonderful search tools in SL you just cannot find what you want in Secondlife.  So, if you aren't a good content creator and cannot make what you want, you look on Marketplace....well, well, there it is!  Oh dear, the creator doesn't have a store in SL.

So you use Marketplace to order your heart's desire...you pay for it...and wait...and wait... and wait.  It never arrives, and to add insult to injury you are not refunded because SL tells the creator that your item was delivered!  Even worse, the creator sometimes doesn't even see your payment!

So, I ask myself, where does that money go?  I wonder!

Ayesha Askham wrote:

Well, Marcus, it's like this:

Sometimes despite the wonderful search tools in SL you just cannot find what you want in Secondlife.  So, if you aren't a good content creator and cannot make what you want, you look on Marketplace....well, well, there it is!  Oh dear, the creator doesn't have a store in SL.

So you use Marketplace to order your heart's desire...you pay for it...and wait...and wait... and wait.  It never arrives, and to add insult to injury you are not refunded because SL tells the creator that your item was delivered!  Even worse, the creator sometimes doesn't even see your payment!

So, I ask myself, where does that money go?  I wonder!

No, no, no...Dillon said he HATES going to inworld stores.  This is the thinking I don't understand.  Is it because things have to rez at a store like every other sim or place in SL?  Is it because he doesn't like to teleport?  Is it because he goes nowhere in SL but his home?  What has made him hate a store inworld?  Bad store layouts?  Bad customer service? He doesn't say in his post.

It is exactly because of all these horrible Marketplace problems that it should only be used as a search tool to find what you want and then go get it in inworld where none of the Marketplace issues are present.  If there is no inworld store and you absolutely MUST have the product, then buy it from the Marketplace.  But...buy only one thing at a time (never ever use the shopping cart) and only buy if you are inworld at the same time to receive it (never ever buy and then log in hoping your product will be waiting for you).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.