MY poor little avatar is getting old.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow, 3 years 2 months of SL.

I see profiles of those who joined in 2010 and think, "n00bz" even tho it is hardly the case.

In these 3 years I have learned the more important lessons of sl -

I do not let SL interfere with real life obligations like I had in the past.

I do not let SL control my RL emotions.

I do not worry about impressing other residents, nor do I try to waste time helping some noobs who won't be in SL more than a day or two.

I do not worry about the BS going on with SL politics, or the shady viewers and why they got shut down.

I do not worry about the "demographics" of who plays SL cause i tend to stick with old friends that remember the original viewer.

I do not try to "keep up with the Joneses" by overspending at places like redgrave just cause someone says it is the best. No, I do have my favorite places to shop and none of them are even close to being the top SL vendors.

Being in SL for three years, people don't even attempt to grief me or do stupid crap like dump their freebie garbage on me.

I have seen so many "serious" SL'ers come and go. Try to help them, they learn, then a few months later they decide to drop off the face of the SL earth.

These days when I spend time in SL, I might check out the new stuff my favorite shops has to offer, I hang out with old friends, or see what damage i can do to my house that sits on a humble 1024 lot. It is all I need. My SL friends know more about my real life than my SL. They know my looks and voice.

I do have an SL partner. Yes, old friend.

I guess if ever there comes a point when you "grow up" in SL, this is it. LL pulls another weird stunt, who cares? Overspending on the "best" things in SL? why? Viewer 3 is out? So what? Firestorm works just fine for me. Popular hang-out spots in SL? Yeah but how long will they last?

I do love watching the rat race that newer residents try so hard to keep up with. My little Erin avatar has become a wise mature woman. Maybe a little jaded too. Set in our ways and comfy, Erin and I have beat the game that is - Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.