I have two problems with the latest viewer. ---The first is I never rez. I am just a white blob.

Noemie Bravin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You probably should check your connection: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

Presumably you are trying to use the Lab's current main viewer. You need to give us the Help->About info from the viewer. You can grab it before or after yoou login. With that info we can see if there is a problem with your system specs, drivers, etc.

There are a number of fixes for an avatar failing to render. In you case the shift from 1.23 to 3.2.? is a pretty big change. I suggest that you give each viewer its own cache. Since 1.23 is verging on unusable, I would change its cache location. Leave the newer SL Viewer using the default cache location.

Once the 1.23 has its own cache, start the 3.2 and before logging in, open preferences and select claer cache. Restart the viewer and then log into a Linden region like Pooley, Smith, or Furball. Once there let your inventory load. You can type letters into the Inventory Search/filter window to get a faster inventory load. With the new inventory API's it doesn't spped up much... I think some.

Once loaded try Rebaking (Ctrl-Alt-R). DO it 3 times giving at least a minute between each try. If that fails, change your active group. It doesn't matter which group you change to, just that you change.

If that fails dig into the Linden avatars in the Library section of your inventory and change your bald.

Those above are the quick fixes. If you are still not rezzing, well... read through: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

The way avatar appearance is stored changed between V1.23 and V3.2. So, I would pretty quickly jump to what I consider a last resort: put on a test avatar. Open the Develop item in the top menu. You may need to press Ctrl-Alt-D top turn on the Advanced item and then press Ctrl-ALT-Q to turn on the Develop menu.

Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->Test [Male or Female]

If that works, start putting your avatar back on one part at a time. Add your shape and see if that works. Then add your skin. Do one thing at a time to see if there is an item that is breaking your avatar render. Some old balds don't work well. I had one I had to get rid of.

Good luck.

Hello Noemie. There are 2 top causes for your problem:

1. You have corrupted files saved in your hard disk. If so, you will fix the issue if you delete them and download new files. To do that, delete all contests at the following folder: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife After login back in a quiet sim like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere. Stay there under the water, open your inventory type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary. Normally It will fix your issue.
  2. You have problem with your internet connection. If so, you will fix the problem if you fix your internet connection. You can test your internet speed at http://speedtest.net/ If it is too slow, reboot your modem / router leting it closed for at least 2-3 mins and try again. If you use wireless connection, simply avoid it (it is no recommended for SL) and prefer direct cable connection instead. You can experiment also with your maximum bandwidth until to find the best setting for your system (under preferences --> setup).

Suggestions reported in  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fai​l always help of course assuming that you have no corrupted files and there is no a connectivity problem. Good luck.

SL Viewer 3.2.1 has been the most stable for me. I would suggest re-trying that one. It will give you mesh (which is becomming much more common). Also, you do need to wipe out your cache and settings files when "upgrading" from viewer 1.23 to anything in the 2.* or 3.* line. There are some conflicts that make the viewer 2.* and 3.* function oddly. Another poster pointed you at the location of your local user account setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.