What destinations are best for a newcomer?

AngelicJHoover

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to Second Life and to Second Life Forums, AngelicJ

You can ask specific questions here on the forums, or you can visit the Helpers at the Greeter Islands. Click on this SLurl and if you are logged into Second Life, it should pull up a teleport for you.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Greeter%20Island/137/234/55

There are also some sims that can give you a little more information generally about "how to", and what is available in Second Life.  Again, click on this next SLurl, and you will get a teleport/landmark offer.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20DiscoveryIsland%20Public4/215/107/39

At this latter destination, you will probably find that you are alone, because it seems to be one of Second Life's best kept secrets.

Other suggestions will follow, so please keep returning to this thread.

And good luck to you.

What era in history?

1920s Berlin

Versailles

Tombstone

There are some other ones too. I have to see if they still exist first though. Not the era the place in Second Life. 

If you search those names you should come up with some good places. Jo Yardley posts here a lot she owns the 1920s Berlin sim. Tombstone is still going strong last I looked. Versailles I have not checked on in a while. If you type almost any famous point in history into search, places, you will find something.

AngelicJHoover wrote:

Thanks Clarissa! I forgot to mention I am an elder woman in RL (my children told me about Second Life). I would be very much interested in historical (costume) roleplay. Any suggestions about that would be greatly appreciated.

Caledon Oxbridge is the "starter" region for a series of Victorian/"Steampunk" roleplaying sims and also has an excellent walk-through tutorial. You can get free Victorian outfits there too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.