IMS

sosistofre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in a club last night and buy rolex replica somebody said I wasn't replying to my IMS but I hadn't a clue what they were. I did find some boxes on the lower panel but I didn't know what to do with them. Could someone please explain to me what IMS are and how to reply to them.

Thanks for gtaking the time to read this, I look forward to enlightenment.

Click here for information you need to know about IM's.  It explains what they are, how to read and reply to them and how to set up your viewer to handle the IM's in the way you prefer.  It also covers voice IM's aka private calls.

IM's make SL go round.  Its a way of not only communicating privately with people around you, but a way to stay in contact with people that are not in the same area and even when they are offline.

It is not uncommon for people to be engaged in local public chat and be in IM's with more than one person at a time, either one on one with each person, or in a group of people.  If you are in an IM with someone keep that in mind, as you may not always get an instant reply.  Don't panic.  SL etiquette is that you wait patiently for any reply to allow for this.  Also don't feel like you have to reply instantly either if you are engaged in other conversations yourself or need time to think about  your reply.

If someone discloses an IM without permission that is a violation of the Terms of Service which may result in an abuse IM's are considered private.  You must obtain the specific permission of each participant prior to using them in any way in SL except for your own private use, except if you use the IM as part of an abuse report to LL.  This is true regardless of any 'disclaimers, warnings, or disclosures" claiming otherwise that people may have in their profiles, as you can not opt out of parts of the TOS.

That's exactly what I hated most when I tried various V2 viewers. The tucked away IMs. I always missed them. In V1 they appear in public chat and you at least see them. And then you only need to switch between the registers in your one communiucation box, like Local, Friend A, Friend B, Group X. Multitasking was a breeze with Phoenix,became a chore with FS. What were they thinking? We all have so much time to waste with their bad user interface?

Orca Flotta wrote:

That's exactly what I hated most when I tried various V2 viewers. The tucked away IMs. I always missed them. In V1 they appear in public chat and you at least see them. And then you only need to switch between the registers in your one communiucation box, like Local, Friend A, Friend B, Group X. Multitasking was a breeze with Phoenix,became a chore with FS. What were they thinking? We all have so much time to waste with their bad user interface?

To enable the feature you are referring to, go to Preferences > Chat > Show IMs in > Tabs (default is Separate Windows)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.