Landscaping Abandoned Land?

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Probably most of us know of empy abandoned land near parcels we own. Some of these parcels allow prims to be rezzed or drug onto them.

If you had such a lot next to yours, would you put landscaping or other items on it? Do you think landscaping empty land could improve the feel & use of your neighborhood? Would you ask your neighbors what they'd like to have on that land?

I did this once with an abandoned roadside lot in front of group land. The previous owners had left a pond, so I drug some trees around it. Then I placed a car with a body in it & headlights on in the pond, as if the driver had swirved off the road & crashed. I thought this created a more interesting scene than empty, flat grassland. What do you think? What would you like to have next to your parcel rather than an empty lot? 

Car Crash in the Pond 2, Abandoned Land, Dreyfus (90, 73, 45).png

Dark Moon Forest (like a painting).png

Your butterfly meadow looks very pretty, Charolotte.

I have to admit the bottom picture is an example of what could be done with abandoned land. It's actually a photo of land a friend of mine owned & landscaped. I was thinking of asking her if she'd like to landscape the empty lot near me, since she's better at that than I am.

I think I'd like to put in trees, meadow grass, some small animals & a log to sit on in the empty lot near me. I want the space to fit into the neighborhood & be usable by everyone.

There is another trick if the land is secured, 

Create a landscape set on you rown land
Make the root prim like 10x10 and alpha it
Place the set on their land with the root prim on the edge of your border

Here`s the interresting part of this, when the set is in place, you can use edit linked parts to mask annoying objects or align the trees/bushes to where you want, no headache trying to layout while building it.

Rez, link, place, align & done :) 

Making abandoned parcels pretty has been a hobby of mine for many years. Usually i fill the parcel with trees. Sometimes if the parcel is giant, i bring couple friends to help me and we build a park with fountains, lights, benches and stuff.

I always try to make it very comfy for the people who live in the sim. I avoid using scripts, i keep the trees phantom, i make sure the stuff dont poke to other parcels, and i make sure im not blocking someone's view to the lake from their balcony.

I also discussed with Governor Linden about my hobby, and she is fine with it.

lol (:

is a bit like how the underground guerilla zookeepers used to operate in the olden days fencing in the adfarmers. that was kinda fun to see. like making cages and signs like do not feed the animals. sometimes make a panda with root prim on next parcel and put panda sitting on top their spinning whatever. jejejejejjee (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.