Teleport failure?

Raki3R

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I try teleporting to high region,

Only the altitude of the destination goes wrong.

The most annoying destination to me is [156, 94, 322 @ Northstar polaris(maybe?)]

After I try to teleport here, I there's nothing nearby my AV.

And the only thing I can see on the screen is tiny red arrow pointing upward, and small red V-shaped mark in minimap.

I understood this as a correct destination and tried to get close to the place where they're pointing.

But I simply cannot reach there, the decresing speed of remaining distance gradually slows down and finally stops at approximately 130m and then.

How can I use teleporting freely without the altitude problem?

3 answers to this question

If your destination is above the 300m flight ceiling, you can't get there without a flight feather.  Some viewers, like Firestorm, have a built-in flight assist that gets around the flight ceiling.  The V3 viewer does not, so you simply can't fly above 300m.  If you TP to a spot above there, you fall.  If you try to fly up, it's like flying into a pillow.  There are zillions of free flight feathers around.  If you aren't using Firestorm, get one and wear it.

• Like 1

A flight feather/flight assist will solve the problem of flying up to the destination.  We still need to address the teleporting problem.

You SHOULD be able to teleport in at any altitude (even if you can't stay there, without a flight assist).  However, it is possible for a parcel owner to set a landing point for that parcel, and it might not be the coordinates you want to go to.

When you have this problem, notice your arrival coordinates.  Is it ONLY the altitude (Z) value that is not what you intended, or are all three coordinates different from what you tried to TP to?  If the latter is the case, it's probably a landing point the parcel owner has specified.

• Like 1

Ask the SIM owner to change the landing point. There are numerous bad landing point on SL from those too close to those to far away to those that may have been moved to those that simply do not work. Usual this a SIM owner mistake problem and has little to do with you or SL, just someone goofed, it happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.