In-World Spams & Scams

Lynda Baran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not a day seems to go by when you don't see something in a Group Chat from someone offering to sell you their "Private Photos".   They seem to run to the same presentation, almost as if scripted.  And they also seem to always pop up in several groups almost simultaneously As far as I know, most group moderators don't do anything to **bleep** it in the bud.   So this exchange today warmed my heart and made me laugh.  (Names and other material not suitable for publication in this forum have been redacted, just like what you would get in a FOIA reply):

2012-01-05 ******** Resident: hi there IM a hot horny woman who loves sex and show off a bit...lol... I sell my pictures...I have nudes, **** *** pics... and some nice lovely ******* ones as well if you are interested to buy any please IM me..hope to hear from you..
[2012-01-05 Respond #1: hi there I'm a hot horny woman who (is a man in rl)  loves to show off a bit...lol... i sell my pictures (google searched women in various positions who look similar)....I have nudes, **** *** pics and some lovely ******* ones as well (all the best google images have to offer!) if you (dumb horny men) are interested to buy (pay for free photos available on the internet) please IM me...hope to hear from you (take your lindens)
[2012-01-05 Respondent #1: just reading between the lines ;)
[2012-01-05 Respondent #2: Respondent #1, I think you forgot: Or, if you're really desperate and stupid, you can send me your Visa, Mastercard or American Express card information.  Which I promise I won't max out before you can stop me.
[2012-01-05 Respondent #2: PS - If you look that profile picture up on TinEye you'll find you can get the pictures for free @: http://www.*********.**l/****/***/***-*****-****.html      Probably just like ******* Resident did.  Ain't the internet a wonderful place?

BUSTED.   Thanks to Respondent #2's response, I think I may have been presented with a fun new SL hobby myself.:smileyvery-happy:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Why join them, to be concerned about gender shows that you are looking for a relationship were gender is important, that means sex, so really you get what you deserve, the human species prays on itself, this is common and natural, to believe in all being good is a delusion and only really wanted because you don't want to be at a disadvantage, most humans when in a position of advantage are far from good and that would include you, your tags at the end suggest that you think there should be justice, when it has always been that tomorrow belongs to those that take it, your school and culture have let you down and given you the wrong idea on what you should expect.

Dont mean to be horrid, but to expect anything from people of the street here is to expect to much.

Aren't we judgmental and cynical!  

If everyone felt this way humans as a race would still be hunched in caves in the dark afraid of the carnivores.  IMHO, its better to reach for the stars and get a glimpse of the wonders of the universe and fail than it is to never reach for them and remain ignorant and content in the mud. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.