Made an account. Have HP mini netbook. Trying to install, but it won't work. What's going on?

wjohnso3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have set up an account but when i try to install the SL viewer, I can open the setup wizard, but it says, 'click install to...install' but there is no icon or anything "install" related for me to click.  I'm stuck.  Does anyone know how to actually install the viewer on my computer so that I can do this thang!?   I have a HP mini netbook.  1152nr   Thanks for the help.

4 answers to this question

It is very difficult to get any SL viewer to run successfully on a notebook computer.  According to HP, that particular model has a maximum of 1024MB of memory available in RAM and has a graphics chip with a video memory of 128MB, both of which are way below the minimum requirements for any current SL viewer.  If you manage to install a viewer, you will have exceedingly poor performance. 

While SL is never reccommended for a notebook computer, there are laptops that will run it, and do just fine. Mine does (although it can be laggy). However, there is a big difference between a notebook and a netbook. A netbook is really not built for any kind of "gaming," and certainly not a highly graphical, demanding program like SL. You might be able to get it download, if you try hard enough. You probably won't be able to get any kind of decent performance out of it. It just doesn't have that kind of capability.

If you have another computer, use that as your "SL" computer. If you want to be able to chat with friends on your netbook, try downloading a text-only client. There are several listed on the Third Party Viewer Directory. You might be able to squeak by with an older viewer, like 1.23.5 or the non-mesh version of Phoenix, but you probably still won't get anything worth playing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.