The elephant in the room?

Brighterthansunshine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Merchants are forced to play cat and mouse, sneaking their adult items back into the general category, risking the listing being deleted permanently. This is a constant nightmare having to check several times a day to see that items have not been removed. No one is "forcing" you to do anything. You are choosing to risk having your account deleted permanently by "sneaking" your adult items into the general category. If I'm ever going to be looking for a sex bed, I'll enable the Adult level. Until then, I will report all the sex toys I see while I only have G or M enabled.

I just got in late to this party but had to post as this is an area that caused us a lot of problems a while back as well.  When the adult classifications first started, we set all of the Club Jenna sims and SexGen to adult. Traffic tanked while other less consciences people just went on their marry way and did not change their ratings.  We finally gave up and just went back to Mature until they made the mandate and guidelines for this.

Over time, we still saw most of our competitor (and still today) with their sex furniture on mature Sims. Today I do the same with what is left of SexGen in the Malibu Line of products.  However, we have a no nudity policy in my store which is what everyone else does and seems to be OK by the guidelines.

What really needs to take place both logistically and legally is just to have it all adult.  I see no reason to go through all of this and expose yourself to this liability for a small few of 16-17 year olds who will be old enough shortly for SL.  There are plenty of other places for them to go play. No offence meant to anyone but this is really not a world for kids, regardless of what is taking place since there is no policing or in world management. Would you want your kids here unsupervised?

This is a vast thread, and someone may already have mentioned this-  but personally, I use the ratings as part of my search tools. If I'm looking for something specific and it isn't likely to be "adult", I eliminate that, by lowering my rating. I don't wish to be FORCED to view adult listings when I don't need to, by having to log in as adult, likewise I'd hate to have to log off just to change my rating. Just my .02 cents.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.