Looking for Scripting Jobs

Fox Paragorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do any kind of custom scripting work.

From just help to anything you want, particles, Physics, Vehicles, Boards, Menus, Animations, and even RL.

Has been programming in SL for 3 year and continue to do, (with a background of programming in RL for 30 years).

Nothing is too small or too big.

Even teaching (but in that case I will need to ask the pay in advance by 500L / hour by IM or 1k in person.

Thanks, and feel free to Im me, I will read it even if not online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I could use some help with adding an "emit on pay" particle script to an existing tipjar script.....I know there are tipjars out there that do this, but I've found one I really like (good size, perfect rotation, easy to config) and just want to add the script to the existing script.

I've searched the Library and the forums and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Yes, I know that much.  What I don't know is how to recognize the part of the script I want to take from one, and what part of the other script I should be inserting it into.  I have two full permissions tip jar scripts, one has something I like (the emit on pay part) that I want to insert into the other script that I like better.  I can't recognize the part I want to copy and don't know where to put it once it has been copied.  That's the part I need help with.

Ooooh, cool, I thought you meant you didn't understand a single word so weren't going to try.  Good for you that you are :-)

Have a look at the 'emit' script.  Somewhere in there will be a line that starts "llParticleSystem(".  followed by several "PSYS_..." instructions.  That is the function to emit particles.  It probably goes over several lines (particles are complex things) and it finishes with ");"  That is the instruction - "llParticleSystem( .... );" that you need to copy.

Now it's time to look for money() - which is always a good thing :-)  In the script that you want to put the particle instruction into look for a line that starts "money(".  That line tells the script "I've just been paid" and should be pretty short.  The instructions that follow after a "{" are "what to do when you get paid".  After the "{" is where you need to paste the instruction you copied from the other script.

And that's (more or less) it.  It's possible the particles won't turn off though!  In which case ...

After the 'llParticleSyatem( ... );' instruction add a new line with how long you want the particles to keep going - like this for 2.0 seconds "llSetTimerEvent(2.0);".

Just before the last "}" right at the end of the script add new lines:

timer(){   llParticleSystem([]);}

(Collectively that says "make the timer go off in 2.0 seconds" and "when the timer goes off, turn off particles")

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.