I am not receiving instant messages anymore!

Shevonne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am using SL viewer 3.2.1. Last week I stopped receiving instant messages in the viewer. I do get them sent to email when I am offline, but these do not show up in the viewer either. What can I do??

I have cleared cache, that doesn't help the problem. It's really annoying because for example I get sent inventory by someone and I get the message to email but it's not in the viewer so I can not get the inventory offer etc...

Do you mean the box enable incoming chat popups IM chats, Aurelia? The box is checked. Strangely I will receive an IM here and there, maybe one or two a day. I do know that I get many more though, before last week they were capped most days and I see what I receive when I am offline, it is more than one or two IMs a day...

You are not alone Shevonne - I did a test purchase a little while ago whilst offline and didn't receive the item purchased. I did however receive the purchase confirmation and the inventory offer to email from the magic box.  Also, one of my friends sent me something, nowhere to be seen although once again I got the notifcation.  A notecard test went straight to my inventory ...  I wonder if there are hidden folders somewhere?

Voted and watching

Black

I'm having related issues to this as well. (I'm using Imprudence viewer, so I'm not sure it is viewer related)

~ IM's and Group Notices not going to email

~ Group Notices not being received inworld, even when cap has not been reached

~ Inventory offers without notification to email or inworld (they are received by my account, but I have to search for them)

I've set the JIRA listed here to watch (that's what counts these days). Also, please take a look at this JIRA https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7528 because it seems to me that they are related. 

In general, im/group notice/inventory offer/delivery does not seem to be working as expected.

As a note on the bizarre side..I was inworld yesterday in im converstion with a friend (both of us inworld/online/logged in). Mid-conversation, one of her posts was sent to my email rather than to me in the conversation. I know because at the same time I had a MP sale and looked at my email to see the sales confirmation and saw the im from my friend appear. Later in the day, after logging off and logging back in, her im appeared. It was literally plucked out of the conversation and sent to email. Never seen that before.

I have not been receiving group notices or my objects from Midnight Mania even an email notification has received and I knew I have got it. It has been happening a week, I don't receive any group notices or IMs or gifts from my friends when I am offline. I don't have many groups so I won't get more than 25 offline messages or objects.

I am not sure if it is the viewer's problem or the SL inventory server's problem. I just want it to be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

I very much doubt it's a viewer problem.  This kind of BS has been going on for years in Second Life; certainly, the delivery of group notices has been about as reliable as a politician's promise ever since I've been in-world.  It really makes me wonder what's going on in the back-end of SL, that they can't even get what basically amounts to a glorified e-mail-and-IRC system working reliably and consistently.  Sure, I'm prepared to grant that creating an immersive, user-modifiable 3D world is not exactly a simple programming exercise, but you would think that a reliable chat system would not be beyond the capabilities of any group of half-competent grad students, much less professional coders on salary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.