Viewer logs me off at login

Karma Avedon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

in the last two weeks, it has become almost impossible for me to login into SL. I say almost, becasue i will often "luck out" and mangeto fully log in on every 6th or 7th try.

Here is what happens as best as i can explain it:

Once the login process starts, the login "bar" will stall near the end of the process, near the "dowloading world" or "downloading clothing" point of the login process. The stall will continue until i receive the "darn, you have been logged out of second life" message.

This occurs on the new Viewer 3 release, the new beta release and I even tried a development viewer.The stall also occurs in Firestorm, HOWEVER it doe not log me off...it will stall but eventually I can login.

Here is what I have tried.

Cleared cache

Empties Second Life folder under APP DATA on my computer

Lowered graphics to medium

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this issue with the SL viewer? Or is the part of the graphics issue I have read about?

Thanks.

Hello Karma. Sounds like a connectivity issue. Some suggestions worth to give a try:

1. Reboot your modem / router leting it closed for at least 2-3 mins and your computer
  2. If you use wireless connection, prefer direct cable connection
  3. Log in a different region like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere
  4. Avoid to run other applications when you try to log in
  5. Contact your ISP in real to check if there is a problem with your line

Good luck.

Right now there are a couple of problems that can cause the problem. One as suggseted can be your connection. To troubleshoot your connection read: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. If it is the connection, it will help you find the problem; you, your ISP, an ISP in between, or the Second Life servers.

One problem that is exceptionally hard to diagnose is a ports and connections issue. The SL viewer opens a large number of ports and connections. If multiple computers are using the router, they can over load the router. That is why a computer and router often fixes a problem for a time.

If it is the router, check to see if the firmware can be updated. About the only other fix is to replace the router.

Firewalls can block needed ports. See Configuring your Hardware Firewall. It is unlikely you have this problem unless you have recently updated your firewall software.

Any time an SL viewer crashes it can leave tasks running. These can block the viewer on restart and block other viewers that try to run similar tasks. A computer restart clears the problems.

• 1 year later...

>.< I'm having this problem too... well before it used to log me in after many tries .. now it won't log me in at all...I tried different viewrs and such... the weird thing is... my bf let me try and log in his account from my computer and everything was fine... he logged in with my account from his computer and it was fine :/ ... why can't I log in my account?? T__T help please!! my wedding day is close and I can't log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.