Maturity Levels and Christmas Trees - Need Help Please

Eliza Wierwight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a bit of a noob to wrangling the Marketplace. I've just noticed today that some of my Christmas Trees have a Mature/Adult rating and I can't change that. The content is NEITHER Mature or Adult  and I don't see anything in my descriptives that could explain this.

I would really appreciate some advise from other Merchants on the best way to address this issue.

Kindest regards and my thanks in advance.

Eliza Wierwight

PATRON

Check your keywords(or post them here and someone will help you out with them). It's almost always the culprit. The  "secret list of no-no words" LL has is not known to us, but it does have some pretty odd(and not even remotely adult rated) words on it. It's most likely one, or more, of your keywords.

Happens all the time.

You can post your descriptions here for folks to read too, because again those words might be in your description. Or rather, the words we believe(through trial and error) could be the culprit might be in there. There have been some pretty odd discoveries that when removed lo and behold the item is no longer adult/mature.

It might not be a full word in your description or keywords/search terms. It could be a segment of a word, or the way one word follows another, such as "hush" followed by "itself." The "sh" and the "it" combine into a "nono" word, even though the words themselves are harmless. Or a word like "pussycat" - the first five letters might be considered a "nono" or adult word even though the full word is harmless.

That being said, as someone else posted, only the Lindens have access to the secret list of "nono" words, and some are seriously weird, so you may never recognize exactly what's causing the issue.

Edited for spelling/grammar.

Freecilla Kuhn wrote:

Can one not do a search for only pg items?

I mean, isn't there a search by rating or something like that?

You're missing the point I think?  She wants the item listed in the PG results but because a christmas tree is an erotic role play toy for fairies, it got moved to adult or mature.  The challenge was how to present this so that it appeared in PG, not how to select "view PG only".

Freecilla Kuhn wrote:

Ok, so I tried it and there is a way to search by rating, under General only the results came back as over 500 pages at 12 per page. That seems like a great of variety to choose from to me. So it doesn't seem to be that all Christmas trees are in the adult catagory only.

She didn't say all trees were, or even that all of HER trees were. The problem she was having is that SOME of her trees(ones she sells, ones she listed) were showing as mature/adult and she couldn't figure out why because they are not.

But she's found her solution so all is well again. YAY

And yes it can be an interesting and painfully long process trying to figure out exactly which words set off the "adult words" alarm. The longer your descriptions, the more likely you are to run into the problem too(just based on sheer volume of text and the fact that we have no friggen clue which obscure words are on there, lol)

OK I get it now thank you but still now she has some showing in adult search and others that show up in all searches, so no matter what rating people use, (if they forget to change it or don't bother with it or don't notice it) in the search some trees will show up... isn't that a good thing? For more visibility instead of being omitted in some searches.

What would happen if she used the same key words for the trees that did not show up as adult for trees that do? Would they switch over? I don't use the marketplace right now hence my confusion but if I do in the future it would be good to know these things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.