Editing Megaprims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to make a prim beach.  I want it to be in front of part of my waterfront and to extend to one side (across a sim boundary) in front of Linden waterfront and out into Linden water.  I need it to be 200 meters wide, but it will work if it's wider.  The length needs to be at least 50 meters, but can be anything over that because the excess can be buried in the ground.  The thickness can be anything.  

I rezzed a 512 x 512 x 512 megaprim, thinking I could do a path cut and make an object that was 256 x 256 x 512 that would fit my requirements and have its axes at one corner.  The problem I encountered was that I could not edit the megaprim.  I took care that I was on the same parcel that ts axes were on.  When I right clicked it, the edit window would light up, but as soon as I clicked edit on the popup menu, the edit window grayed out.  

I am pretty sure that I have edited megaprims in the past, though never any this large.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

KwakeldeandCinn, thanksforthesuggestions.  I'lltrythem.

Jenni, I truly don't understand why you think I should not extend my beach into Linden water.  Perhaps it's because I didn't make it clear that it will be under the surface, not above it.  I cannot imagine how extending my beach under the surface of Linden water will have any adverse impact at all on anyone.  If I thought it would, I wouldn't do it.

What Kwakkelde said is true as you are not supposed to have any prims outside your property line.  Also, the Lindens don't allow megaprims larger than prims you can make youself on the mainland and will delete them if they find them or somone complains about it.  So be prepared for them to poof without warning if you do use them.

Are you kidding about the mega prims on mainland. God there everywhere, people put them up around there land with forrest scenes and mountains and they look really bad. I still see them everywhere on mainland. If your looking for the right size prim you need go on the market place theres dozens there for free and you'll find the right size trust me.

The suggestions worked, but my plan was faulty in that the resulting prim was too big for my purpose, so I used a smaller megaprim.

Amethyst, I have had megaprims rezzed for years on the mainland with no problems.  I have a number that I used to construct my hopuse's foundation, a dock, etc., and I've encountered no adverse action from Lindens.

I guess in '06 or '07 the Lindens were a bit more hostile towards megas on mainland. However, these days, I seriously doubt there's any repercussions for using megaprims unless they cause problems, namely overlapping into others' parcels, blocking linden water etc.pp.

Though even the latter seems to go unpunished way more often than I'd like. Nothing more despicable than sailing along a 16m wide protected water and running into some moron who blocked it with a solid prim (mega or not).

I've had my driveway extended out over linden owned land to join the road for a couple of months now, Guy Linden consolidated several small abandoned parcels just down the road from me and didn't do anything to my driveway though he must have seen it.  Guess as long as it's not causing someone grief it's not a problem.

That really depends on which Linden is at the scene I think. Maybe it's new policy not to return anything over the parcel boundary, but I think it's a personal choice. I've had trees returned in the past, maybe a couple of inches over the property line. Then again that indeed WAS in 2007 or 08. Anyway, if you're sure you're not bothering anyone, I don't see a reason not to do it. Rules are here to help, not to restrict.

I'd say it's certainly a matter of context. The Kidd Road project for example is a resident-built road acress a few sims between Route 9 and Wellington Road (I think). It obviously has a prim providing an on/offramp, and I'd be rather suprised if that's not ok.

On at least one of the mainland roads is a banner across the road, maybe 20 or 30m up, where it goes through a large village or somesuch. Not causing any problems, so IMHO ok. How the Lindens see it? Good question.

On our own land I put buoys up to steer people around a blocked stretch of protected water, essentially routing them through our own (open) waterways. Some of the buoys are placed offsim, across the 16m waterway. I'd imagine the Lindens wouldn't have a problem with that, but obviously I can't really know. If the Lindens return the buoys, fine with me.

As for megaprims per se... with the new 64m limit, I don't think we even have many megaprims left on our land :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.