LL homes

Savanah Lewsey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On mainland, before the linden homes, I managed to rez a garden, home in the sky, tea house, shop with goods, and gazebo - all on a 512m 117 prim lot.

Scale down, and cut prim costs on the goods you rez.

If on Viewer-3, you can cut how many prims an object takes up by switching prim-based items to Convex Hull in the 'features' tab under "Physics Shape Type". It can cut the prim cost of some items nearly in half, without changing their appearance inworld. Doesn't work on everything though - I think it fails on scripted items, so the prims with scripts need to be unlinked from the others first.

House - 19-30 prims.

Bed - 1-9 prims

sofa - 1 prim

chair 1-prim

coffee table 1-prim

shop - 10-prims

cafe - 10 prims

gazebo - 1-prim (it was a rezzer item, caoable otherwise on 5-9 prims.)

trees: 2-prims each.

wall picture 1-prim

Shop goods: 1 prim each, newbie shop, maybe 10 items.

Sky-platforms for cafe / shop: 1-2 prims each.

Savanah Lewsey wrote:

lol maybe i'm just a greedy prim hog :-D  .... I managed, just .. i think i have about 10 left atm :-)

No greedy. Just you haven't found yet low primed furniture that you like. Maybe spend some more time looking for.  Just an example. There are sofas 30 and 35 prims. At home i have one only 4 prims, colour change and full menu.

Chances are you have a few big offenders - like a tree that's using up a prim per branch, or dinnerware that's similar. I have 1 tree that uses 40 prims... if I'd have known before I bought it, I would not have. But I impulse bought...

On a Linden Home at least your building itself itsn't the wasteful item. Well, it is, but its not costing you. Linden homes are very primmy for what they contain.

Look to tables, beds, chairs - tables and chairs can usually be just 1 prim. Beds too, but most good ones will burn up a little more. Above 10-prims and toss it.

Find your highest 3 prim items, and go window shopping for idential themed things that use fewer prims.

Be wary of mesh goods - they're not sculpties - they burn prims, but probably not as much as non-viewer-3 prim items.

Make sure you didn't leave something like hair or a designed shopping bag rezzed.

I've been looking for an excuse to post a photo of my fomer Linden Home. :matte-motes-evil:   I say former, because I abandoned it when a 512 sqm parcel came for sale adjacent my shop that I wanted to use my LH tier to buy. The furniture is not particularly low-prim.  I had about 8 prims left over and other than window treatments, I left the upstairs undecorated. 

Snapshot_018-797246.png

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

If on Viewer-3, you can cut how many prims an object takes up by switching prim-based items to Convex Hull in the 'features' tab under "Physics Shape Type". It can cut the prim cost of some items nearly in half, without changing their appearance inworld. Doesn't work on everything though - I think it fails on scripted items, so the prims with scripts need to be unlinked from the others first.

I didin't know about this option Pussycat. So i thought to try it to my land. My pier was 9 prims. When i changed under Features tab and Physics Shape Type the option from "Prim" to Convex Hull, suddently it became 110 prims and returned to my lost and found folder because i hadn't so many prims available. Now it's showed as -phantom part-. I can't rezz it again except of i delete some other stuff to free some prims. Fortunately it was copy. Maybe i missed something or i didin't understand right.

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I didin't know about this option Pussycat. So i thought to try it to my land. My pier was 9 prims. When i changed under Features tab and Physics Shape Type the option from "Prim" to Convex Hull, suddently it became 110 prims and returned to my lost and found folder because i hadn't so many prims available. Now it's showed as -phantom part-. I can't rezz it again except of i delete some other stuff to free some prims. Fortunately it was copy. Maybe i missed something or i didin't understand right.

Might have had scripts in it. Or other issues.

Its a case by case kind of thing to be tested in a sandbox to see what goes down and what up.

Mine is also Meadowbrook theme  :matte-motes-grin:

I used to have land but my time on SL became limited & i didn't see the point in paying for something i was rarely using so i gave it up & stuck with the LH .. which as you say, is somewhere to rez & hang out! Maybe i'll just have a play with the way my furniture is positioned before i think about moving to another design *smiles*

Savanah Lewsey wrote:

Yeah i know, but i mean, are people managing to furnish sufficiently - even with low prim, 117 isn't a great deal.

PS - I have some of your stuff - love it :-)

Thank you :)

I depends on the Linden Home, I suppose, When I had one, I managed to fill it wilh my stuff, including making wall-to-wall carpets for both floors, and curtains for every window, which used up a fair percentage of the 117 prims. I did stretch one or two things to make the most of them - bookcase, etc. The home I had was ok for that but I only had a few spare prims left over. The A-frame houses are easy to fill in the 117, and I think the hobbit types are also easy, but there is a type that has much more space inside, and I don't think that one all that easy to fill. Maybe you have one of those The one I had was sort of in between.

ETA: I think that the picture that Randall posted is the type I meant that is more spacey and not as easy to fill. The home I had was less spacey than that but I filled 2 floors and, if I hadn't made the wall-to-wall carpets and curtains for both floors, when 10m was the limit, I would have had plenty of spare prims left over.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Savanah Lewsey wrote:

Yeah i know, but i mean, are people managing to furnish sufficiently - even with low prim, 117 isn't a great deal.

PS - I have some of your stuff - love it :-)

Thank you
:)

I depends on the Linden Home, I suppose, When I had one, I managed to fill it wilh my stuff, including making wall-to-wall carpets for both floors, and curtains for every window, which used up a fair percentage of the 117 prims. I did stretch one or two things to make the most of them - bookcase, etc. The home I had was ok for that but I only had a few spare prims left over. The A-frame houses are easy to fill in the 117, and I think the hobbit types are also easy, but there is a type that has much more space inside, and I don't think that one all that easy to fill. Maybe you have one of those The one I had was sort of in between.

ETA: I think that the picture that Randall posted is the type I meant that is more spacey and not as easy to fill. The home I had was less spacey than that but I filled 2 floors and, if I hadn't made the wall-to-wall carpets and curtains for both floors, when 10m was the limit, I would have had plenty of spare prims left over.

Yep that's the size of mine lol ... ahhh well, was just curious anyway, if i want more prims i know my options :-)

What about all those people who have 512sqm parcels which AREN'T Linden homes.  For them the 117 prims allowed has to include the house itself, not just the furniture and decorations.

[My best is a 25m x 12m house, 3 rooms, shower, roof-garden, fountain and pool = 6 prims.  Bedroom, living-room and garden/beach furniture = 3 prims, sculpted 1-prim-per-room]

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

What about all those people who have 512sqm parcels which AREN'T Linden homes.  For them the 117 prims allowed has to include the house itself, not just the furniture and decorations.

[My best is a 25m x 12m house, 3 rooms, shower, roof-garden, fountain and pool = 6 prims.  Bedroom, living-room and garden/beach furniture = 3 prims, sculpted 1-prim-per-room]

Ohhh i would so be in big trouble if i had to include my house in the prims lol - very impressive best though :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.