land use fee question

Edo Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have a question about land use fees... i up'd my fee to 5 dollars a month and I can contrubute 1024 to the group, I tried raising it to the next level, 8 dollars a month, and I can still only contribute 1024 to the group. What is the point of the 8 dollar bracket?

Edo Mode wrote:

i have a question about land use fees... i up'd my fee to 5 dollars a month and I can contrubute 1024 to the group, I tried raising it to the next level, 8 dollars a month, and I can still only contribute 1024 to the group. What is the point of the 8 dollar bracket?

I am not so sure I am following you, but you need to OWN the land then deed to group and make the necessary adjustment. 

8USD is for 1024sqm (plus 10% bonus.)  5USD is for 512sqm.

So it appears everything is correct.  

1/128 Region 512 sqm 117 US$5
1/64 Region 1,024 sqm 234 US$8
1/32 Region 2,048 sqm 468 US$15
1/16 Region 4,096 sqm 937 US$25
1/8 Region 8,192 sqm 1,875 US$40
1/4 Region 16,384 sqm 3,750 US$75
1/2 Region 32,768 sqm 7,500 US$125
Entire Region 65,536 sqm 15,000 US$195

I saw that chart..first level of 5dollars give me 512 plus my 'free' 512 which gives me a total of 1024 to donate to my group. the next level of 8dollars gives me 1024.. do i still get the free 512? That should give me 1024+512=1536 to donate to group. but it doesn't. 8 dollars a month still only gives me 1024m2 to donate to group.So, what is the point of the 8dollar level?

Edo Mode wrote:

I saw that chart..first level of 5dollars give me 512 plus my 'free' 512 which gives me a total of 1024 to donate to my group. the next level of 8dollars gives me 1024.. do i still get the free 512? That should give me 1024+512=1536 to donate to group. but it doesn't. 8 dollars a month still only gives me 1024m2 to donate to group.So, what is the point of the 8dollar level?

Ok that is a little more clear.  Yes, you should get the 1536sqm (as was explained to me not so long ago as I thought you could not donate your 512 freebee to a group.)

Not only should you get 1536sqm but you should be able to get an additional 154sqm as part of the 10% group holding bonus. 

Maybe you should go into the group>landholding and make your adjustments from that point.  Have you done this yet or only from the dashboard? 

If you donated 1024 m2 while paying $ 5,- you should indeed be able to donate 1536 m2 when you pay $ 8,-

If you can´t you´re probably doing something wrong. 
Check the "Land/Assets" tab in teh group profile. It states your tier contribution and, below that between brackets, the maximum tier you can contribute. You should be able to change the 1024 tier contrubution to 1536.      

Storm Clarence wrote:

Edo Mode wrote:

Ok that is a little more clear.  Yes, you should get the 1536sqm (as was explained to me not so long ago as I thought you could not donate your 512 freebee to a group.)

Not only should you get 1536sqm but you should be able to get an additional 154sqm as part of the 10% group holding bonus. 

Maybe you should go into the group>landholding and make your adjustments from that point.  Have you done this yet or only from the dashboard? 

^THIS

I guess I had needed to log out and into SL again.. I can now make the adjustment inwold and was able to contribute 1536, everyone else in the group is premium with no monthly charges and they each have donated their 512. I was the creator of this group. I don't know about the 10% business tho. How do I go about enabling that?

You do the same thing, adjust your contribution upward by 10% .  If you see a small parcel 4sale on the same sim you can purchase, donate, and use for the prims (it does not have to be contiguous.)  

I would also suggest that you read the wiki's on land buying and selling and how groups are applied.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

You do the same thing, adjust your contribution upward by 10% .  If you see a small parcel 4sale
on the same sim
you can pruchase, donate, and use for the prims (it does not have to be contiguous.)  

I would also suggest that you read the wiki's on land buying and selling and how groups are applied.  

Edited for emphasis :) In other words, all the parcels you own on one sim share the same prim pool. Two parcels on two different sims do not.

Also, if you DO deed land to the group, beware that you set membership rights properly, especially so far as group liabilities and land edit/sale abilities are concerned... putting everyone in the owner role is a bad idea for example :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.