How can items owned by the Parcel owner, be returned to said Parcel owner, when they are not in worl

Jimmy Orsini

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have items that have been returned to my lost and found folder by the parcel owner, while I was off line. My issue with this is I am the parcel owner so explain to me how this can happen.  Also, Items that were rezed now have dissapeared, and do not show up in lost and found nor do they show up on the area search.  What can and will be done about this?  Not that anyone at LL cares as I am only a basic member

4 answers to this question

A sim crash can have caused this altough it would be surprising. Does anyone have the owner's right on your land?

To retrieve your objects, look in your lost and found folder and search for a coalescent objet (it looks like a Rubik cube). Stand on a land where you alre allowed to rez things, click edit land and drag the coalescent cube slightly above the ground. All you items will rez in the same position they were before they were returned to you. Pick them back one by one to your inventory.

This can happen sometimes if other people are allowed to rez objects on the parcel, and if their objects force the parcel to go past its allowed prim limit.  Normally, they should get a message that says "Failed to rez object because parcel is full."  Sometimes, however, the object rezzes and that forces some other object to be returned to its owner.  If multiple objects are returned that way, they will appear in Lost & Found as a single coaleseced object rather than as separate items.

A very peculiar anomaly occured about a week ago when some prims of some authorized rezzers on our Region were returned to them.  It was not a manual return error as returning using the About Land/Objects/Refresh/Highlight a Name/Return is an all-or-nothing action.  Only some objects belonging to some residents were returned.   The unexplainable can happen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.