Whats going on with shapes!?

LittLeWhisper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why is it that pretty darn near every demo shape I try on with a demo skin or even with out a demo skin, has very wide hips and a big posterior!? Doesn't anyone make nice slender shapes with their skins? If a person wants thunder thighs and a big hippo posterior let them balloon the darn shape out like that themselves, Why is it being a norm to make these kinda Miss Piggy shapes?

Someone does make nice slender shapes
I guess you would like my shape

You are talking female shapes I hope:smileyvery-happy:

You can also create your own shape from scratch, it is not that hard.
Open Appearance/Edit Outfit/Body Parts/Right Click shape and select Create New shape from the menu.
Now you get a default shape to play with and you will be the creator of what you make:smileywink:

I dont get that either but for some reason, a lot of folks think I need a big ass and wide hips.  I've never used a premade shape but I have seen many.

However, what most do provide is a good face that when bought from the skin maker, usually matches.  I would suggest you focus on finding the face you want and then modify the body.  if you need help with this, I can assist in world and show you how to adjust your sliders to make it all come together next time I am in world (tonight).

• Like 1

I have noticed a bit of a trend among shapes, and among the people I talk to, towards the "BBW" - which many people I've spoken with view not as a true large but lovely woman but as tiny waist, very wide hips, very large bottom, very large chest. Essentially a heavily exaggerated hourglass figure. Not my taste, but the trend is there right now, from what I've seen. Just shop around, try more demos, and remember that if you get a modifiable shape (which I can't reccommend strongly enough), you can edit the parts you don't like and fix them until you do like them. I suggest finding a shape where you like the face - that's the hardest part to mod. The body is pretty easy.

Why make it a standard shape though? If I want a shape I want to look in shape not out of shape. I shouldn't have to modify a shape like that to a degree where it would be like starting from scratch. Right some people take it to exaggerated extremes I've noticed. Mostly the faces are far from appearing attractive. They look manly to me. Not at all a feminine appearing even after wearing my best skin. I like my shape, I'm just trying to figure out why are hippo butts being a standard shape you get?

It's just a trend, LittleWhisper. Something new is introduced, becomes popular, so many try to capitalize on that popularity. SL is a small vacuum, so the most in demand trend at the current moment will be what you tend to see everywhere. It will pass, it is not the standard, but only what is new and unique at the moment. Which, paradoxically, because it was new and unique, is no longer unique, like the pouty frowning faces and the paler spotlight skins. It's fashion baby!

I will add though, that not all shape and skin makers are following this current trend. While they may indeed wisely be offering these options, there are many that are still maintaining their own uniqueness and style.

The trend is definitely towards shorter, curvier shapes but its easy to find a world of alternatives.  I agree that its not a good idea to purchase a shape that isn't modifiable - each time I purchase a new skin I have to tweak my shape a bit, especially the lips it seems.  Anyway, you might start perusing the fashion feeds, most bloggers will list what skin and shape they are wearing (although many use their own personal shapes that are not for sale).  Here's a couple of links:

http://slstyleacademy.com/

http://iheartsl.com/

http://virtualfashionfeed.com/tag/fashion-feed-of-sl/

Good luck!

itd efinately seems the more curvy shape is the norm these days i have to admit i find them more attractive then the tall lsim busty shapes you used to around so moften (sticks with **bleep** as i call them ) LOL

but i have made a few custom shapes for friends and have a more taller slimmer one each your would intersted contact me in world and i can seen you a demo and will putting it on marketplace store soon

• 2 weeks later...

LittLeWhisper wrote:

Why is it that pretty darn near every demo shape I try on with a demo skin or even with out a demo skin, has very wide hips and a big posterior!? Doesn't anyone make nice slender shapes with their skins? If a person wants thunder thighs and a big hippo posterior let them balloon the darn shape out like that themselves, Why is it being a norm to make these kinda Miss Piggy shapes?

Demo shapes are usually messed up in some aspect. Whether it be the big miss piggy shaped or the distorted hands and feet; demo shapes are made that way with no edit no copy. When I look at a shape, I am looking at the *face*. Most shapes focus on the facial features and leave the body details to the end user to modify to personal taste with the purchased mod/copy/no transfer shape

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.