Items delivered from marketplace but not in my inventory

Simerion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I accepted delivery of items from 2 different vendors at a public sandbox. Even though I clicked ok, the items were not dropped into my inventory. This would seem to be an SL issue rather than a vendor issue. I paid for these items, so is there any way to get them? I will email the vendors, but I would not presume on their good nature since they did send what I had ordered.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to adress this issue.

Thanks,

SImerion

It may not be a SL issue at all.  A private vendor could easily have a faulty script that handles the money part of the transaction correctly but screws up on delivery.  The best way to get what you paid for is to deal directly with whoever owns that vendor.  First, check the Account >> Transaction History page on your dashboard at secondlife.com to get a record of the transactions.  You'll need that to show that you actually did pay and to show what you were purchasing.  Send that information in an IM or on a notecard to the creator and explain the situation politely.  With luck, you should get your items.

BTW, many (most?) sandboxes have a rule against selling, because the likelihood of con artists is higher there.  I advise you to be cautious about buying anything in a sandbox in the future.

ETA:  The more I look at your post, the more confused I am.  Your note says that you bought items in a public sandbox, but the heading mentions Marketplace.  Which is it?

Hello Simerion. At first open the second tab of your inventory called "Recent" and check out if you can find them there. Usually you see a box. If you reloged, look into the folder called "Objects" in your main inventory. If you are sure that you can't find your items, here is analytically what you have to do: Open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> If you see that your last purchases delivered means that the merchant got payed --> Take a copy of your last purchases (there you see the name of the merchant)--> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant(s) describing what was happened and asking politely for redelivery. Alternatively submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ --> Marketplace category --> Failed Marketplace Delivery. Explain analytically what was happened, includes the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered and wait for a reply. Normally threads / questions like yours is good to be posted at SL Q/A but it is ok.

Sorry, I will clarify. I bought the items in the marketplace. I went to the sandbox to rezz them. I had purchased 3 items. I accepted one before I tp-d to the sandbox. That one showed in my inventory just fine. Upon arriving at the sandbox I clicked the grey boxes up top and accepted the next two deliveries, but it was immediatelyl apparent that they had not dropped into my inventory.

I have logged in and out, cleared my cache and in fact went ahead and reinstalled my viewer after that as I wanted to be sure I wasn't responsible for the bad rezzing of sims that has been occuring all day.

The items are definitely nowhere in the inventory, including lost and found.

Thanks again,

Simerion

Sometimes clearing your cache manually from outside SL helps. See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clear_Cache.  Log back in to a very quiet sim like Smith or Furball and open your inventory.  Type a random letter in the search field to jump-start rebuilding and resyncing the locally cached copy of your inventory.  When it stops saying "fetching .... ", you should have a rebuilt inventory and (with luck) the missing items.  If that doesn't work, it's time to turn to Live Chat.

Contact the sellers of the items you did not receive, and include the transaction history for each item. You can also file a ticket with LL. In the ticket, make sure to explain that the items SAY they were delivered, but never actually arrived.

This was meant to be a reply to your first post, but...Ah, well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.