Permalink postings

Cinnamon Lohner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to know that someone has posted something in a thread using the Permalink button?  A setting I'm missing that allows them to always be expanded?  I feel stupid clicking on them just to find them empty.  Then when I forget to click on them, I discover someone has written a small novel! :)

I must be missing something obvious here.  So frustrating.

--Cinn

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hello Cinn. When you open the thread no (without clicking the permalink button). I have missed several posts this way. Only if there is an accepted solution is clear who posted last of all. The list "Solved by" shows always the name of the resident who posted last of all even solution was by someone else. The best way is to check your recent posts opening your profile. If you click on a recent post, you can see everything was posted using the pernalink button, like here for example.

• Like 2

Should this have gone into the Forums Feedback sub forum? (I can't even navigate these forums after all this time).  I'm with you on the permalink issue.  Also I hate when I try to flip back through posts I've contributed to and find just the OP and my own post displayed. More buttons to click to "view entire thread", more time wasted. Grrrhhh!!!

• Like 2

I agree.  The Permalinks are a real mess.  I have to open each permalink separately to see whether there is something there.  OPs sometimes respond to our requests for more information by burying them in permalinks, where they are invisible.

Actually, if an OP updates the question itself, following our instructions about Options >> Edit, I have found that the update isn't sent to my e-mail either, so I don't know that it's there.  It makes answering questions very difficult.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.